You have an account alert - how to turn this off?

Chris42
Contributor
Contributor

At the top of the summary page in my PayPal account I have this message:

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 14.28.32.png

I added the required information about 7 months ago. If I click on the link in the alert I get the message "Thank you for providing all the required information. You're all set, and your account is back to normal". But the alert is still there. 

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 14.30.45.png

This is clearly a bug, but I can't find anywhere to report it. Anyone know?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Chris42,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you have a notification on your account and the limitation has not been removed after providing the requested information, it may be that we need additional information from you. If this is the case, you should have received an email with a request for additional information. If not, I would recommend calling our Customer Service! If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Ondik31
New Community Member

Hello, same problem here. No email requesting additional information. What should i do?

Login to Me Too

onecomputers
New Community Member

i have the ssame problem on business paypal account. i am unable to call, i tried email but no response. can you assist?

Login to Me Too

ScootrSplyStore
New Community Member

I am also having this issue. When I see it on my mobile phone (whether on the android app or web browser) it states to come back and deal with it when I am on a regular computer. So I do just that. When I log in on my laptop the alert is there in red. I click on it and it reads as:

Thanks! You’re all set

Everything checked out, so you can use your PayPal balance the way you always have. Send it, spend it or just keep it as a cushion against the unexpected. Go to Account Overview

So the first time I was thinking great! Were all good... But as soon as I click as told and go to the Account Overview the dreaded red message is back as if it never left. Its been a couple of weeks. Nothing has changed. I have messaged support twice with no reply that wasn't an automated one.

I don't have any issues receiving money, no issues sending money, no issues paying someone, but it doesn't matter what bank account, or debit card I try to transfer the money to myself. They all fail. 

Login to Me Too

kaoriyui
Contributor
Contributor

For those who still having this problem, i manage to remove the notification by completing the business information manually under Account Settings > Business Information > Update.

Then provide all legal names, specially the information under "Your business information" like business registration date and other that is blank or not specify.

Hope this help someone, please visit my online store https://www.weebtees.store if this helps you ❤️

Login to Me Too

ThiloVW

Hi, 

thanks for this tipp, it worked for me. Just completed all the information possible and the alert was gone. Thank god  ! 

Chears

Login to Me Too

THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT SOLVES THE "ACCOUNT ALERT" PROBLEM IF YOU ARE TRYING TO UPLOAD BUSINESS IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS.

SOLUTION: Provided by Paypal messaging center support 5/14/2020

"I know that this situation concerns you, but don't worry because as of now, we just need your proof of business. that could be any business documents/forms approved by and filed with the business's governing state."
Please upload it to (re-type into search bar with correct spacing and punctuation) www paypal com / eebr (Paypal does not allow HTML links here)
NOTE: From George-In-WI: This solution will likely not remove the account alert immediately. My understanding is that it takes up to 30 days for business ID documents to be reviewed and approved, and that Paypal will contact you by email when they have completed that step. I believe Paypal will then remove the account alert. I can't say if this solution will apply to other account alerts, but I found that the help at the message center was excellent. You messages are stored for up to 90 days, and you can continue to dialog with paypal about your account alert issues until resolved. 
PROBLEM THAT I SUBMITTED: 5/12/2020
"Hello, I upgraded my paypal account to a business account (Payment Standard), but now at the top of my summary page I see "You have an account alert". I then provided more information but the alert returns (after first saying "you're all set". I've searched paypal questions for this and no user so far has provided a solution. I need to know also if I will be able to accept payments from eBay sales at this time (I did link the account at ebay). Thank you."
SCREENSHOT OF THE TWO MESSAGES ABOUT THE ACCOUNT ALERT ATTACHED.
PAYPAL ACCOUNT ALERT ENDLESS LOOP 5 12 2020.jpg

Login to Me Too

SYTË
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone find an answer to this?

Paypal isn't receiving calls right now because of COVID-19 and I've tried emailing but not answer yet.

I am supposed to be receiving payments but they are not coming, probably because of this...

Login to Me Too

FOX16611

hi i have the same probleme please give me an answer 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.