You can't use PayPal anymore

slowwww
Contributor
Contributor

My old card expired and I tried to update it with my new details. It kept getting declined and I closed my account and opened a new one with the same email. My card still kept getting declined and now my account is completely closed. I can't understand why my card got initially declined, there is nothing wrong with it, and why my account is completely closed now. Why is it so hard to talk to real person from Paypal customer support, if there is even one.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @slowwww

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to know that you can no longer use your PayPal account. It looks like your PayPal account has a limitation. The best way to get more clarification and resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can check your account and assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking Help&Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook private message. 

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

slowwww
Contributor
Contributor

I have done that and I have provided all the documents that are required. The response was that this is Paypal's final answer and that I can't use Paypal anymore. I've received a call from my bank today (Danske bank) and they told me that there isn't anything wrong with my card and that other Danske bank customers are having similar issues. There is a new law in Denmark that requires an account verification using Nemid whenever you use your card online. https://danskebank.dk/en/personal/help/secure-online-trade

It appears that this redirection to Nemid verification does not work with Paypal. So my account got permanently restricted because of a Paypal bug...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.