You can't use PayPal anymore - Please i need advice

Tamannn1991
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I've created a paypal account and did not use my real name because i thought that it is okay. BIG MISTAKE 😞 
Everything was okay at first and i thought that it is normal to create an account with a nick name.
anyway, i got myself into a big problem now.
a couple times i have logged in my account while my AVG VPN was connected to a Russian server i was totally unaware of it. a few moments later my paypal account had some notification and i was required to fix it by verifying my real name and address. and i again i thought that it is normal and i can send my documents to verify my real name, so i sent the documents to paypal and later i got this email.

We have analyzed the documents you have submitted and found that the name does not match this PayPal account with the name on your proof of identity. Therefore, this account is permanently restricted. Now you can send or receive with this account no money. 

To continue to use our services, please open a new PayPal account with your first and last name. To do this, use a different email address. 

If are open on your account buyer complaints or pending chargebacks and you want to refund your customer payments, log in to your PayPal account and go to "conflict resolution". 

If available, you can withdraw your PayPal balance to your bank account. 

Yours sincerely 
Mia Blue 
PayPal Customer Service 

"The above message is translated from German to English"

and now this in my paypal account 

You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

My paypal is not linked to any bank account or a credit card and im the owner of this account 
and now i have like $600 stuck in my PayPal.  😞 
What can i do to resolve this issue? 
Are they going to fix it if i call and explain what happened?
If no then what will happen to my money in my paypal after the 180 days?? do i need to add a bank account to transfer the money? and do the bank account needs to be the same name as the paypal name?

I appreciate any information and advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tamannn1991 

If that name is not real, then how are you going to prove it's you? You have no documents in that name. Even if you tried to withdraw after the 180 days if no disputes occur. 

PayPal is a real financial instrument, can't use fake anything as they are heavy on security and verifying identities these days.

It would never occur to me to use a fake or nick name, no idea why others would. You can't even submit a name change now since the account is totally locked. 

You'll have to contact those who sent money to dispute to get it back and you create a new account with your real name and different email as instructed  and have them pay you again to new PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tamannn1991 

If that name is not real, then how are you going to prove it's you? You have no documents in that name. Even if you tried to withdraw after the 180 days if no disputes occur. 

PayPal is a real financial instrument, can't use fake anything as they are heavy on security and verifying identities these days.

It would never occur to me to use a fake or nick name, no idea why others would. You can't even submit a name change now since the account is totally locked. 

You'll have to contact those who sent money to dispute to get it back and you create a new account with your real name and different email as instructed  and have them pay you again to new PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tamannn1991
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate it.

But I have one more question since i have no idea how things work.

There is now an open dispute associated with the $600 i have in my paypal but i can not open and view the dispute status because my account is limited and restricted

What will happen now? Cant i just push the escalation along some how? 

Login to Me Too

DSneed1
New Community Member
I used my real first and last name. I needed help at the store 1 time I called them no help I then logged in and everything was ok then my wife sent me 5 dollars and nothing money still in there limits and now cant is it at all and I don't know what went wrong I'm totally lost please help somebody.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.