You can no longer use paypal

Sathyan_B
New Community Member

My account is limited, and my funds are on hold for 180 days. I have never used paypal so I dont have any funds. I created the account 6 years ago but never used it. I dont know why the account was limited. I cannot remove bank account or the cards linked. The customer support is a dead end. It says "We're unable to continue offering our services

Thank you for using PayPal as your payment partner.

Unfortunately, we are unable to continue offering our services to you at this time due to the nature of your business and the risk it poses to PayPal."

I dont understand why this happened. Is it because I wasn't 18 when I created the account? Please help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

renan12345
Contributor
Contributor
please help i have funds in my account when paypal emailed me this message,badly i need that account for it is my first time i use my paypal account..im from philippines and i dont know what to do please help.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sathyan_B 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you would never be able to use that illegally made underage account again.

You may if you contact customer services be allowed to open a new account if you are now 18 but thats not guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.