You can no longer use paypal

sheikhmudassir
Contributor
Contributor

I work on a freelancing site, on which my name was not my legal name, I back then thought I need to create same name account on paypal as well to get my funds but later I realized that it's against paypal policy to not to use your legal name, I tried changing my name and I provide the documents I had, but Paypal demanded a court order in which it shows that I changed my name, but my legal name was always the same, they thought I'm changing the ownership, they told me that I can close this account and create a new account and transfer funds from this account to the new one and close this account, which I was okay with, but when I tried to close this account, I kept on receiving the notification that I need to resolve the issue and verify myself, then I explained the customer support that I'm not been able to close my account and transfer my funds and they told me to submit my documents which I did again, happily and then the next morning I get the email that they were not able to confirm my identity, as one of the document was difficult to read or something, so they told me to submit again, I went to submit again and on clicking on the resolution center I see a message that states "You can no longer use paypal".

I have explained myself a thousand times and submitted 100% accurate documents and they still were unable to verify, which is extremely surprising and now I cannot even submit my documents and cannot close this account and cannot transfer my funds, which I need very badly.

If someone can help me out in this problem, that will be very very very helpful.

Regards

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tony20202
Contributor
Contributor

YussufTattoos
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue. I was told my money would be held for 180 days and then I’d be able to withdraw the money and close the account. This happened in November 2019. I’ve still yet to have any information on how to withdraw my money despite sending multiple emails.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.