You can no longer use Paypal

niah1215
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has been closing accounts for no reason, normal accounts at that with no issues. if you search on twitter they are literally doing this to thousands of people with no explanation! It happened to me after they asked me to submit my ID then they closed my account. I have so much money in here from ebay sales and now I can't even get in touch with a single human that works here because my message center won't allow me to send or open messages.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niah1215 

Why would they close accounts for no reason?

They want folks to open and use their paypal accounts by buying and selling as that is how they make their money.

It would be counter productive to close them for no reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niah1215 

Why would they close accounts for no reason?

They want folks to open and use their paypal accounts by buying and selling as that is how they make their money.

It would be counter productive to close them for no reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

niah1215
Contributor
Contributor

JesusPJR
Contributor
Contributor

You can no longer use PayPal At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services. Reference ID: PP-L-213217869039

Because they want to steal your money! I have had friends with 17,000 USD get the same notice and they lost their money! FOR NO REASON!

17,000USD is a lot of money! Do you think they care? NO! They can close your account for nothing!  This is outright THEFT!

But they are not liable. Better to find another merchant like Strype. I'm now using Strype with now issues.

But PayPal has stolen over 11K from me. so yep I'm a little mad. They won't get my money ever again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JesusPJR 

They do not steal it, after 180 days you can normally withdraw the funds, they hold them that long to protect themselves against any buyer disputes as buyers can open disputes up to 180 days post payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JesusPJR
Contributor
Contributor

Its been over 7 months now. What happend to the 180days?

Login to Me Too

theGrapefruit
Contributor
Contributor

They might as well be stealing it though... even if you are able to jump through their hoops and get it back after 180 days. When that money is what you depend on to feed your family and run your business, 180 days is crippling.

Login to Me Too

anicul
Contributor
Contributor
its been over 180 days for Me and I received an email from paypal that My funds are now eligible for withdrawal but I CANNOT ADD card to My account for withdrawal. Ive been calling paypal for 3 days now but I cannot reach any agent!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.