You can no longer use Paypal anymore?

Bradgt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time user of Paypal and I just got a email saying my account violated fair use and it said at the bottom that they do not let users pay for sexual activity or content.  I have never used paypal for any such thing that I can recall and I know for a fact I have never used my paypal account to pay for an adult site for the past few years.  I am going over my activity and the last years its just been buying video games and PC parts and recieving money from freinds.  At first I thought it was a spoof email but I logged into my account and sure enough I have a notice in the bell symbol and paypal my account is limited and it says it is permanent.  It has no resolution steps and states if I have money in my account in a few months or so they will email me on how to get it out.  Is this normal?  It has to be a mistake?  You can clearly see my activity has no violations of the fair use policy.  Its all just purchases of digital games and products like services from games and microsoft and money owed from friends and family.  If it was a spoof why would I get a notice in my actual paypal account?  I am just shocked.  It says I can no longer use Paypal!  What should I do?  Contact paypal to get a reason or something?  I am just shocked here folks.  I have done nothing wrong unless spending money buying normal things like a credit card does or recieving money from family is a violation then paypal is never going to work for anyone..

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

JesusPJR
Contributor
Contributor

SLAM them on Social Media Especially Facebook and Quora, Twitter and Digg, Reddit, and such. I have! 11K+ worth that they stole from me. To me it's worth it to expose crooks. use Strype! No problems.

Login to Me Too

Donnydewanto
Contributor
Contributor
Is this community only talking with each others... but there no solution from PAY PAL.. WHAT A WASTE DISCUSSION!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Donnydewanto 

Yep that would always be the case as this is a 'user to user' advice COMMUNITY forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Donnydewanto
Contributor
Contributor
So.. how can i solve the solution it self, if each members also cannot give solution Everytime i send email costumer service- thats always automation anawer, and really cannot analyze and solve problem. Hmm 😐
Login to Me Too

nelflores
me too but i am a new user
Login to Me Too

Kayal21
New Community Member

The same Happened to Me Last week. No Chat Support or Call Support.

No Issues in my Account.

Looking for any Good News?

Login to Me Too

RunDevilRun007
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me today. After having this paypal account for over 15 years, I woke up this morning to an email saying

"After a review of your account activity, we've determined that you're in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, the sale of sexually oriented materials or services. As a result, your account has been permanently limited and you won't be able to conduct any further business using PayPal."

Called them and they said there's basically nothing they can do. This is **bleep**, I havent sold anything in years and when I did sell stuff it certainly wasn't anything sexual, you can clearly see my account activity has nothing sexual on it. Just Hulu, Amazon and some food delieveries. Never using anything related to PayPal ever again! I can see why eBay split from them.

Login to Me Too

MrLaTruelle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am in the same situation as you. I called them and apparently they can't do anything! I used Paypal to make purchases from time to time, nothing sexual of course. I don't know what to do, especially since I can no longer open a Paypal account with my contact details. If anyone has the solution or can help me please!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526G
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me. This is my also my problem and I cant believe it will happen. I sold 2 social media accounts then escrow send the payment to my paypal account. I really cant believe this is happening I sold that social media for my daily expenses because of covid19. my paypal account is not that old and first time to received a payment that a little bit high. then suddenly this is what happen. I really cant believe this. Please help me to fix this. I sold my account to a legit website and escrow.

Login to Me Too

BeeSting
New Community Member

"You can no longer use PayPal" is one of the most devastating news when you have a balance in your account and the company wants to hold the money for over six months. I had been writing SEOs, content for websites, and other content to various clients globally and they have been paying for the services. Sometimes I hire people to help me design graphic content or other things that I am not able to do. The account has been ok until I found a message that it has been limited because there was a risk. I was not told the nature of the risk and  I had not complained of any risk. I feel PayPal sometimes acts based on the misleading information they are fed by my competitors. If I had not reported suspicious transactions it is not fair to ban my account. The worst part of it is that I have people to pay and I do not have extra cash to pay them. This is the second time the company is doing it and I think it is absolutely unfair. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.