You can no longer use Paypal anymore?

Bradgt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time user of Paypal and I just got a email saying my account violated fair use and it said at the bottom that they do not let users pay for sexual activity or content.  I have never used paypal for any such thing that I can recall and I know for a fact I have never used my paypal account to pay for an adult site for the past few years.  I am going over my activity and the last years its just been buying video games and PC parts and recieving money from freinds.  At first I thought it was a spoof email but I logged into my account and sure enough I have a notice in the bell symbol and paypal my account is limited and it says it is permanent.  It has no resolution steps and states if I have money in my account in a few months or so they will email me on how to get it out.  Is this normal?  It has to be a mistake?  You can clearly see my activity has no violations of the fair use policy.  Its all just purchases of digital games and products like services from games and microsoft and money owed from friends and family.  If it was a spoof why would I get a notice in my actual paypal account?  I am just shocked.  It says I can no longer use Paypal!  What should I do?  Contact paypal to get a reason or something?  I am just shocked here folks.  I have done nothing wrong unless spending money buying normal things like a credit card does or recieving money from family is a violation then paypal is never going to work for anyone..

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Jaenct24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @kernowlass please help us inform more about this. I have 200usd funds in there it's my only money right now. Does anyone here reached to 180 days? And what happened how will you claim your money.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Review Paypal policy if they allow selling counterfeit or knockoff products.

Some  BEAUTY products are counterfeits,I have seen them in ethnic towns,just like the knockoff designer perfume.

where did you get your beauty products?

Some times a Vero Ebay member may buy one from you,without telling you it is counterfeit or leave negative feedback or ask for return,he would report you .

But in these cases,it would be Ebay which takes action,not Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526F
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I have 2 personal accounts in PayPal.  and the beauty products I sell are not knockoffs.  they are all authentic.  because I recently left the country for a vacation, the last thing I did in PayPal was to refund 2 transactions in Iceland. so I went on the internet, went in PayPal and refunded the two transactions.  the next few days, I received emails telling me that I an no longer use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230526F

I have 2 personal accounts in PayPal

That may be why then. The maximum amount of Paypal accounts you are allowed is 2 BUT only if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

If you have 2 of the same type then you risk both being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

johaneysanchez9
Contributor
Contributor
How do i get my available balance in paypal pls i really need it ..
Login to Me Too

Wondar24
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

File a complaint to get your account open. They doing it to everybody.

Login to Me Too

MrLaTruelle
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer, do you know if this is valid in France for example ?

Login to Me Too

Wondar24
Contributor
Contributor
I was told yes. If not I will post another link.
Login to Me Too

Tuulech
This is EXACTLY what happened to me!! I've tried everything to resolve it but so far no luck. If anyone has an advice, please share! It's such a shame cuz I loved PayPal, I WAS loyal to PayPal! Now I tell everyone to stay the heck away! because they are a true bank so they can change their terms and conditions whenever they feel like it without any prior warning or notice. so I always tell people just beware because I didn't nothing to breach the user agreement terms as far as I'm aware and was given no reason and no case was opened no one talk to me and it was just closed and I was out thousands of dollars of my money that was just sitting there and that I could not access at all and had to wait 180 days until I can receive my funds. I will say though they did release my funds exactly 180 days later and had no problems receiving them. And like the thing is you give them your SSN so there's no way for you to ever have another account ever again for any reason you are permanently blacklisted without giving a chance to even testify against the accusation. they even went as far as not letting me use Venmo Services anymore because that's a PayPal service. It's absolutely ridiculous and absurd.
Login to Me Too

Jaenct24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello may I know how did you received the funds? I have the same problem. It's my only fund now. I got 200usd and I have to wait 179 days to receive my funds. The problem is my PayPal is not connected to my bank account. They removed it after I tried to transfer to my bank account. So I'm so worried this might be a problem in the future if they will give me instructions on how to get my remaining funds. I tried to connect my bank acocunt several times to PayPal before it said I cannot use paypal anymore. But it always say we're sorry were not able to process your request right now. So please let me know how they refund you 😥😥😥😥😥
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.