You can no longer use Paypal anymore?

Bradgt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a long time user of Paypal and I just got a email saying my account violated fair use and it said at the bottom that they do not let users pay for sexual activity or content.  I have never used paypal for any such thing that I can recall and I know for a fact I have never used my paypal account to pay for an adult site for the past few years.  I am going over my activity and the last years its just been buying video games and PC parts and recieving money from freinds.  At first I thought it was a spoof email but I logged into my account and sure enough I have a notice in the bell symbol and paypal my account is limited and it says it is permanent.  It has no resolution steps and states if I have money in my account in a few months or so they will email me on how to get it out.  Is this normal?  It has to be a mistake?  You can clearly see my activity has no violations of the fair use policy.  Its all just purchases of digital games and products like services from games and microsoft and money owed from friends and family.  If it was a spoof why would I get a notice in my actual paypal account?  I am just shocked.  It says I can no longer use Paypal!  What should I do?  Contact paypal to get a reason or something?  I am just shocked here folks.  I have done nothing wrong unless spending money buying normal things like a credit card does or recieving money from family is a violation then paypal is never going to work for anyone..

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

hendrasaputro
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, no further explanation, even if I already provide what they needed, driver license, national ID, transaction detail for the past 3 months.

But, still received the exact email, you can no longer using paypal...after more than 2 years without issue and make an honest earning.

After I got my fund back, I'm done with this platform

Login to Me Too

Dorez69
New Community Member

I know all about that they told me that same thing. I just had a few transactions that were considered fraud but that was two transactions only and i refunded them instantly when i found out

Login to Me Too

Jaenct24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello may I know how did you received the funds? I have the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Roshan0
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, I was just trying to look over some settings because I was new to paypal and the very next my got limited. And I received e mail stating please submit account details and Identify proofs to use paypal further. This is an literal harassment. In the name of security its a new level of harassment.
Login to Me Too

temp20191208a
Contributor
Contributor

stay the **bleep** away from this sketchy site i am lucky i had nothing before they ruined my account luckily they never found my main one i suggest you use your accounts to inform people about how bad they are, they can't delete your account even when it has nothing on it so its free immunity lol.

Login to Me Too

Sambino710
New Community Member
This is exactly what happened to me. Only been using it for a few weeks and selling some stuff off and using PayPal seemed the best way. I got hit with “you can no longer use PayPal anymore” my balance is $600 and there is no possible way for me to get it out of my PayPal Balance. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Cheers
Login to Me Too

Jaenct24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello did u got your fund back?
Login to Me Too

Jet_Usman14
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, I was working as a freelance designer from upwork and all my  business in come are transferred using paypal. They just ruined my bussiness for no reason I believe I didn't do anything againts the platform All I have it receiving money and monthly payment on google, premium youtube, dropbox, facebook ads and premium spotify. Now I am out off business and wait for my fund for 180 days. Its crazy and I will never recommend anyone to use paypal. Now I moved to Transferwise.

Login to Me Too

MickB2
New Community Member

Me too..  Just received a message that I can no longer use PayPal?????  I too have not used it for any unacceptable purchases....  mainly eBay 

Login to Me Too

luhungnuraga

does someone solved this problem? I have same issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.