You can no longer use PayPal

elmoncada
Contributor
Contributor

This is the error message I get when I logged-in to my paypal account. I've been a long time user of paypal of more than 10 years and this is the first time I encountered this problem. The last activity I did was I withdrawn all my funds and transfer to my bank account. Does zero balance in paypal triggered this kind of problem? please help. I'm using paypal to receive payroll from my client in the US so this is very important to me.

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive payments. Funds in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about withdrawing your funds.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

mk4321
Contributor
Contributor

It sounds like you are using Paypal as a way to facilitate payroll and salary disbursement for a company? Across international borders? I'm not sure this is an acceptable use of Paypal. I could be wrong, but Paypal is meant for transactions -- buying & selling goods or sending money to friends & family. Could you elaborate on how exactly you use Paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elmoncada

Thats a permanent ban message BUT as they say you can withdraw any funds 180 days post payment.

Paypal never give you a reason, they normally say review the acceptable use policy as you must have violated it in some way   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

elmoncada
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from the Philippines and I'm working online with my client that's based in the US. They sent my monthly salary every month through paypal then I'll just transfer it to my local bank account to encash it. We been doing this transaction since 2008 without any issue not until now so I don't have an idea why this problem happened now. I know at some point they updated their user agreement but I never bother reading the whole thing coz it's too long. From the past 5-6 months everytime I transfer my payroll to my bank account I left at least $50 to my paypal as balance until such time it accumulated to more or less $500. Then recently I decided to transfer all that accumulated money to my bank account and zero'd my balance in my paypal account and that's when I received that error message that I can no longer use paypal.

Login to Me Too

TDarius1
Contributor
Contributor

I see what y'all are saying here, but I need some help. Awhile back they put limitations on my account for no reason considering I hardly use Paypal. Then I check in it in November, or early December and see the same message. I hardly used my Paypal account, and I just made it January 2018. I've received and sent payments from friends before, and we're required to have a Paypal account on monetizing platforms so our money can go there. And I haven't even linked this account to that cause it was already messed up before I could do it. And it won't remove any of my information from here so I can't even make a new account. I need some answers for this seriously.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TDarius1

Then contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

elmoncada
Contributor
Contributor

customer services doesn't answer my inquiry, they just based their answer from the FAQs. really doesn't help at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elmoncada

Phoning is best.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.