You can no longer do business with PayPal

Emmet_Duplo
New Community Member
I received this message that my account is canceled and I am banned forever because products or services that I provide violate PayPal policies. But I don’t sell any products or services. I have attempted to reach customer service but it’s seems PayPal no longer accepts my calls. I only occasionally use PayPal and can’t imagine what policy I violated. Why did I not receive notice prior to this? Why do I not get an opportunity to dispute it or learn what I did wrong. I am concerned that my account was hacked in some way but I seem to be hitting a wall with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emmet_Duplo 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

svscraft
Contributor
Contributor

I have also received an email today with the same issue. I've been using Paypal for years, I'm a single father who uses Paypal to support my family and to feed my family. They've stated in my email that I've violated "Acceptable Use Policy" which I believe to be false. I've never received any warnings or had any issues with any terms of service or policies. I've read over the "Acceptable Use Policy" that was provided and most of the policy states don't use Paypal for stolen or illegal activities which are nowhere near what my account is used for as I use my account to feed and provide for my family. I believe a representative with Paypal is racially profiling and targeting me based on my race, I feel the account lock is unjust and I would like to dispute it as I've been an active and dedicated Paypal member for years without any issues.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svscraft 

You have a U.S paypal account so do you live in the U.S?

Are you using a VPN or something like that?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

svscraft
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm a US citizen.

Login to Me Too

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @svscraft 

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

Looks like you need help with limitations. 
I understand your concern about your account being restricted. For more information on how limitation works, click here

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.