You can no longer do business with PayPal

Temp20211005SA
Contributor
Contributor

I got this Email today and when I wrote PayPal Customer Service as is recommended by several of the Posts here in the PayPal Community, I was told to go to the Resolution Center to resolve any issues, by Customer Service.  Every Hyperlink in that Section just took me back to the same Page that said "You can no longer do business with PayPal" with all the same Hyperlinks.  Last I looked I live in the United States with a Constitution that guarantees Due Process. PayPal is an US eCommerce Company. How can PayPal Cancel your Account by just saying you violated their User Agreement Policy, which is very Broad and covers multiple areas.  If I violated some section, they owe me an explanation, not canned responses to go to the Resolution Center which is of no Help.  I am furious with PayPal.  My wife says just change all our Accounts that use PayPal which I have a half-dozen payments per month and just cancel my PayPal Account because she says it is obvious to her that PayPal has been Hacked and this is their way of deflecting blame onto their consumer.  So much for Customer Service.  Guess I will be cancelling the Credit Cards I had tied to PayPal as well as the Bank Account, since PayPal say they cannot remove any of those Accounts but just that I cannot use their Service anymore.  I will try to continue to work with Customer Service but the first reply does not look promising.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Hawk71

Given the number of accounts that have been permanently "limited" I feel there might be something to the idea that they were themselves hacked.  They can't tell me why my account was locked, they can't remove my financial information (so I can't create another account they say.  Sure I trust you to keep it safe).  Could always ask people on social media if they know anything about paypal being hacked.

I spoke to customer service and a "manager" and I can assure you they will not/can not do anything about it nor tell you why it happened.

I would encourage anyone who has money tied up in paypal that they might be better off seeking legal advice than anything else.  Paypal is under no obligation to provide us a service but that doesn't give them a right to withhold funds arbitrarily. 

For everyone else, we can seek assistance from consumer advocacy organizations.  Also seek assistance from your bank about what they advise for keeping your account safe.

I've used paypal without issue for years and this mess is just absurd to me. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Hawk71

Given the number of accounts that have been permanently "limited" I feel there might be something to the idea that they were themselves hacked.  They can't tell me why my account was locked, they can't remove my financial information (so I can't create another account they say.  Sure I trust you to keep it safe).  Could always ask people on social media if they know anything about paypal being hacked.

I spoke to customer service and a "manager" and I can assure you they will not/can not do anything about it nor tell you why it happened.

I would encourage anyone who has money tied up in paypal that they might be better off seeking legal advice than anything else.  Paypal is under no obligation to provide us a service but that doesn't give them a right to withhold funds arbitrarily. 

For everyone else, we can seek assistance from consumer advocacy organizations.  Also seek assistance from your bank about what they advise for keeping your account safe.

I've used paypal without issue for years and this mess is just absurd to me. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211005SA
Contributor
Contributor

I have put my episode out on Facebook and stated to me it feels like the Y2014 GM Ignition Switch Recall that GM fought so hard NOT to do as it ended up costing GM over $1-Billion to replace Ignition Switches in over 3-Million Vehicles globally.  I feel like they are deflecting a problem they are having onto me the consumer, to avoid owning up to a bigger issue.  I asked my Facebook Friends and Groups I belong to if I should Trust PayPal ever again.  I have no intention of using PayPal again, which means I will not be using eBay since eBay owns PayPal.  PayPal needs to get Consumer Savvy, not deflect problems.  Without the Consumer, they are Out of Business and Bankrupt.

Login to Me Too

lostuser
Contributor
Contributor

My account was also limited, out of nowhere, with no explanation. I have been a Paypal user for 6 years, and I use it for small online purchases, and have received/sent a few gifts between friends and family here and there. I have no idea what prompted my ban and calling the customer service line yields no explanation. I'm sure it must be a mistake, but there appears to be absolutely no appeals process or even chance for explanation of the ban. They told me over the phone that I, personally, am disallowed from doing business with Paypal ever again, so even if I sign up for a new account it will be automatically limited.

I am frustrated and disappointed. I have been using Paypal for years with no problems. It is disturbing to me that I cannot get an explanation, and that they are holding my balance for 180 days. Furthermore, it is frightening that this has happened to so many people, from what I have read online. I am advising my friends and family to never leave a balance in their Paypal account, and not rely on the service, because apparently your account can be limited and funds frozen at any time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.