#Yokawa Network Limited # scam

Mrkmick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi recently I placed an order for 4 security cameras from Yokawa Network Limited and was charged nearly $100 off my PayPal,upon receiving my order,turns out to be 4 memory chips instead. So I emailed this seller and also sent one to PayPal (I could not do it through the app,for some reason) the next day I receive an email back from PayPal saying my purchase order was for 4 memory chips & my claim was denied.(Which is not true,and I have proof to back it up,I had taken screenshots from the Facebook ad and also every page of my actual order form.) I am waiting to hear back from them because my 1st email sent,I had forgotten about my screenshots. Since this,I Googled these companies and found they have been scamming people for months now and PayPal keeps backing them. And this company is still running ads on Facebook, so people beware!!! My question is: I've always been told by friends that anything you buy through PayPal is covered,if problems were to arise, is this true?? This was my 1st & possibly last time ordering online,if I'm not reimbursed.);I need to know what I should do next, please? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

maxikins
Contributor
Contributor

Have just discovered this myself in UK and am pushing for a refund from them.

Login to Me Too

dingaling
Contributor
Contributor

Same but worse.

I ordered 2 of those cameras, and received 2x worthless TF memory cards.  First they ask for photo evidence - supplied twice.  Then they offer a partial refund 1/5 of the value.  Then they stop responding.

Its worse because although I purchased 1 camera elsewhere, which arrived and is fine, I tried to purchase another (because FB spotted I am buying Wifi Cameras and promoted an ad to me for the same one!).  It was a Black Friday deal, and yes, too cheap.  Its not until the PayPal receipt arrives that you realise its the same seller (despite different FB e-shop).  Doh.

So now I have the same rigamorole.  It's so tedious.

Lesson - never buy via FB.

Login to Me Too

BrnBeDestine
Contributor
Contributor

I already got a dispute open against them I ordered a Rechargeable MINI Wood Cutting Chainsaw off a website name anepochofyou.com and keeps giving me a 403 Forbidden on the webpage. But their facebook page still operates. They have not delivered the item it was suppose to be shipped from Sydney, AU but its going to be shipped from China and even then it still has not been delivered for over a month. I already warned PayPal that they are scammers, but the seller already provided a tracking number from China. If you reply to their email address the seller will either say don't worry or the email will bounce. My PayPal dispute will end on the 4th of December, I looked at complaints about this seller and it looks like PayPal is mostly in favor of them so why are they still operating in PayPal. I also contacted the ACCC and the next step for me is to contact my bank if PayPal decides to close the dispute in the scammers favor.

Login to Me Too

LongCustomer1

I just got scammed By Yokawa Network Limited and PayPal resolutions center denied my claim. Says that the seller gave them some kind of tracking number, which is false.

Why does PayPal allow this to continue!!! Why don't they stop it!!!!!

How do I contact Paypal to truly resolve this with a human being. This investigation that Paypal does seems automated. I need to talk to a live person.

Login to Me Too

Waltermla
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happen to me, I order 2 security camera from Yokawa Network Limited and paid thru paypal and instead of receiving the camera. I received two memory card case, one is empty the other contain a 32 Gb which I haven't tried yet.

I complain to paypal , It is useless. Paypal doesn't protect the consumer. They side more with unscrupulous vendor.

I am not going to use paypal for all my future purchase and will tell all my friend about my bad experiences with paypal.

my dispute case ID: PP-D-92057783.

In case you paypal are reading this. Pay more attention and protect us consumer. Since you tout of your warranty.

Login to Me Too

DamianSmith

I also placed an order for 2 security cameras from this company and received 2 SIM cards.I was charged $70.34

I am reading a lot of other people suffer a similar scam from this business. I have not yet attempted to complain but am wondering if anyone knows the best way to get a refund - what are the steps required?

Login to Me Too

dingaling
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal were useless.  You cannot get through to them.

I stopped using PayPal completely, even on eBay which has been fine (because eBay handle any disputes, not PayPal).

I don't have the time to keep chasing $70, which is exactly how the scam works, and why its PayPals fault for not progressing the initial dispute.

On my second purchase, you do not even know you paid the same scum vendor until you get the receipt.  Its a separate name until you get the payment confirmation, and then its too late.  I cancelled immediately seeing this, and of course they just ignored it and didn't even bother to send an empty package!

Morale: 

Be very careful buying from Facebook vendors, because its like mercury, and they disappear.  FB make it impossible to report also.

Don't use PayPal because their payment guarantee is worthless. 

Check online for scam reviews before buying on a whim... do research.

Spread the word.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.