Yokawa Network Limited is a fraud and a scam, this is how you get your money back.

mattyshack
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a set of those "animated" pumpkins from an advertisement I saw on Facebook. Hundreds of comments, probably fake, talked about how they bought one and loved it. Their site had a ton of products, similar to as seen on TV type merchandise. I purchased a set of the pumpkins and immediately got an order confirmation, from a completely different company. But with a purchase through Paypal with Buyer Protection, I felt pretty safe in knowing I would get my product eventually. Another red flag that I saw, was when Paypal sent me my receipt it was from a 3rd company called Yokawa Network Limited. I immediately searched online and founds 1000's of complaints about this Chinese company and their deceptive use of USPS and Paypal to commit international fraud. Even with all these complaints over the past several years, they are allowed to continue doing business through Paypal.

I had been duped. In a panic, I immediately contacted the company and asked for a refund even before they provided the "shipping" confirmation. Now from a forth different company name they wrote me back. They asked why I wanted a refund and for me to "please wait". They were about to ship it. I insisted, they refused. I filed a complaint with Paypal. Of course Paypal is pretty hands off. They contacted the company and they eventually provided a "shipping" number and the package delivered to an unknown address in the city that I live in, but not my address. Case closed according to Paypal.  A little over a month later I was finally able to get a refund. But, before I tell you how to get your money back. Let me tell you how this scam works.

You order an item from a website using Paypal. In order for it to look like they sent a package, these Chinese companies either A) send a package to a nearby address usually something of very little value. B) Hack into the USPS database and use these stolen valid shipping numbers C) somehow generate fake tracking numbers to provide to Paypal to make it appear as if they have shipped your item. 

So here is how you get your money back. When I looked up the shipping number, it simply gave my city and zip for the shipping location. No address. So I filed a fraud complain with the USPS inspector general. I provided a shipping number, the company name, and gave a brief description of the fraud that took place. With the available shipping number, I asked for them to provide proof of delivery to my physical address. They forwarded my complaint to the local Post Office consumer affairs division. Which provided me a very nice letter saying that the shipping number provided and my home address do not match. They could not of course reveal to me the actual delivery address.  Armed with this letter, I went back to Paypal to prove that I had not gotten the package. Paypal has finally refunded my payment. 

A lot of work to go through for less than 60 bucks. But my trust in Paypal has faded, and just because you see that buyer protection logo on a website doesn't mean you are actually protected from Fraud.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LaLaJo
New Community Member

I am going through the same crap.  The merch never arrived and Paypal believes the lies that this flim flam company is spewing.  I am going to re-read your post and see what I can do!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaLaJo 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DEECEE1
New Community Member

having the same problem, they shipped "memory" cards instead of the product. SCAM..SCAM..SCAM...!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.