Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM

thetrutys2

Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM and Paypal will not help you.  Buyer beware.  They use a bait and switch and get a tracking number showing it was delivered but in fact to an inccorrect bogus address. Then Paypal closes out the complaint and will not re look at the scam.  Going to my bank now to refute the charges.

Login to Me Too
359 REPLIES 359

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

Yokawa is an expert scammer.  I wish I had noticed this board and the reddit board talking about this company before making my $68.36 purchase of Dia de los muertos barbie dolls.  I filled multiple complaints with Paypal and nothing, the just kept closing my case without really looking into it.  PayPal is DONE (I'm never using it again).  I am only keeping it open just to post on this Yokawa board.  I also disputed it with my credit card company and was finally provided a USPS number (noone Not Yokawa nor Paypal had provided me this help prior). My credit card company reached out to paypal for proof of shipment and then paypal provided them yokaway scam USPS information.   What is nuts is they are showing that this was sent to my address (yokawa provided paypal who provided discovery this fake lable).  My next step is contact the post office now that I have the shipping number to get a real proof of where it was shipped to.  But net net, why Yokawa keeps getting away wit this, is the credit cards and paypal don't do the due dilligence to ensure that the information being provided by Yokawa is actually correct, they are taking the merchant's proof as face value.  And Yokawa and companies like it know this.  

Login to Me Too

TYGERLILYgirl
Contributor
Contributor
I attempted to buy those same Barbies. I’m just so done with the whole mess.
Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear it.  My friend did buy some from a legitimate site and they are beautiful.  Yokawa will continue to thrive as they know these payment companies dispute departments do the bare minimum and base their investigation on what the vendors provide them vs. the actual shipping companies.   My next step on top of contacting the post office is to bring awareness to this scam on social media.  I've also asked to be excalated up beyond the supervisor at Discover.  It's a lot of work to fight these scammers, but will try cause its the principle at that point!

Login to Me Too

pepsgal2009
Contributor
Contributor
After much headache and agony I persevered thru it all but It wasn’t easy! The key t it all is the tracking numbers! In my case I had two, one Pay Pal had and the one the scammer **bleep** gave me...made copies and sent to PP, which they kept denying...also contact the Postal inspection services ce and file a claim, make you sure you include that tid-bit with PP! You got this!
Login to Me Too

Banker54
Contributor
Contributor

My turn to be scammed by Yokawa  Network and PayPal.  I thought the benefit of using PayPal was protections against scams like this. Yokawa provided a tracking number to PayPal that clearly states that USPS never received the package to ship from November 19th, yet PayPal says that they received proof package was sent.

Since PayPal isn't willing to do anything, there is no reason to have a PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

Dfandresen
I had a similar experience and PayPal has denied my dispute. Very disappointing that they continue to side with this seller after seeing all of these issues. The tracking number says my package was delivered but nothing was ever received.
Login to Me Too

pepsgal2009
Contributor
Contributor
Hopefully you saved your tracking numbers...😬 if so compare them. In my case I had two tracking numbers, one Pay Pal had and the other was from the scammer **bleep**. Then go to your post office and show them the discrepancy. Contact the Postal Inspection service and file a claim. You won’t hear a word from them, they just go after the scammers! Meanwhile make copies of the tracking numbers and send to Pay Pal. It will be resolved and you will get your money, you just have to persevere!
Login to Me Too

Kayk115
All you need is an email from USPS that those tracking number were not delivered to my address. And they can help you. And re in your favor. Didn’t have to go into post office. Did it all online.
Login to Me Too

Sorabove
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sad that apparently these is a continuing issue with regards to this company scamming and it almost seems as if Paypal is complicit as they still continue to allow their services to be utilized by them. I just received a Denial of my claim myself this morning against this company and so I was searching for some other recourse and I'm glad I found this thread. I just finished filling out a lost package report to the USPS so hopefully I can get more information to be able to use to get this fixed.

Login to Me Too

70SUA
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I too got scammed by Yokawa Network for like 90$. DHL did absolutely nothing except pointed me to contact the sender and telling me they cannot check anything... total **bleep**. Then Paypal replied to my request for refunding me and the request was approved. Thank you Paypal for all your support and protection! Also thank you guys for sharing your unfortunate stories. I guess you all together had made significant difference, thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.