Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM

thetrutys2

Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM and Paypal will not help you.  Buyer beware.  They use a bait and switch and get a tracking number showing it was delivered but in fact to an inccorrect bogus address. Then Paypal closes out the complaint and will not re look at the scam.  Going to my bank now to refute the charges.

Login to Me Too
359 REPLIES 359

wobbly1
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks
Login to Me Too

Gunendrakumari
Contributor
Contributor

the same thing happened to me. They delivered a cheap sunglasses maybe not worth even 2 dollars to another address, sent a tracking number to Paypal. they closed the case after submitting the letter issued to me by the Post office about this bogus tracking number. Paypal closed down my case without investigating. They are very inefficient, unreliable and unprofessional. Sooner they will lose their customers if they go on like this. I am going to close down my paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I had seen this paypal community sooner.  I have been a paypal user for over 10 years.  Never filed a complaint, but now when I need them to help me dispute a charge for items I never recieved (2 Dia De Los Muertos Dolls) ordered from Yokawa totaling over $60. Paypals "resolution" center then close my ticket without even calling me to hear my side of the story.  All because the vendor provided them with a USPS tracking number to items that were never sent to me.  I bet Paypal didn't even check the address of where the packages were supposedly sent to see if they matched my delivery address. I am now trying to dispute these charges via my credit card.  Also will try to dispute it with USPS.  I think the real issue here is paypal, they can't continue to operate like this.  Its better to pay via my credit card than by paypal, your charges are safer.   I'm trying to dispute my closed "resolution" and if I fail I will be cancelling paypal and waging war on them for taking the lazy way out and siding with the scammers vs. protecting their customers. 

Login to Me Too

Evchambers
Contributor
Contributor
I had a closed case too. I went to the post office with the bogus tracking number that showed a bogus address, not mine. I chatted with PayPal and submitted the documents I had and got my money back that same day. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  So I disputed the charge with Discover card who is how the paypal was paid out through, they also closed my case because they sourced the shipping proof from PayPal, who also sourced the shipping proof from Yokawa.  Yokawa sent paypal a bogus USPS lable with my address.  Now I got in touch with my local post office and have proof that the item was not shipped to me like the label Yokawa showed did.  However, I can't get in touch with a live person at paypal, as much as I try I called paypals 888 number and couldn't get passed the automated system.  I try the online paypal chat at end up getting automated BOTs responding.  I tried to enter disputes again via the online system and freaking paypal set those to immediately close as soon as I open them.  AWEFUL.  Paypal customer service is the worst and for that alone I will never use them again.

Login to Me Too

KismetDora
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain as I experienced something very similar to you. Yokawa sent me a tracking number and my many e-mails received a reply saying the item was delivered to me, with the tracking number from the post office. I contacted the post office and they told me the item with that tracking number was not addressed to me. I contacted the Post Master, and was so persistent, that to get rid of me, he sent me the notice with the same tracking number, from Yokawa, addressed to another name AND address! I sent a copy to Yokawa, they apologized and promised to send my item [an outdoor security camera]. Bottom line, They kept promising and promising, until finally they blocked my e-mails from their 4 e-mail addresses I had, and I never received the camera, nor had my money returned. By then the 90 days PayPal limits a payer to for a PayPal refund had already passed, and PayPal was happy to let me know they cannot intervene because of that.

My anger is not as much with the scammers, as it is with PayPal. After my disaster, I found the PayPal Community and came to realize that the company was reported to PayPal as scamming many PayPal users. PayPal should have been a responsible company and flagged Yokawa, with a warning to all future payers of the company's negative customer ratings/feedback. I have found complaints that were more than a year prior to my experience! I no longer trust PayPal, and am scaling back my use of the company, with an aim at eventually cancelling it totally. 

Login to Me Too

wobbly1
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Login to Me Too

Debig1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the same item & Yokawa indicated they delivered it but i didnt get it. Then in investigating it further I was advised they sent it to my address in concord south carolina i live in concord california! I sent this info to paypal & they have been reviewing my case for ovrr 2 month. Whsts to review?
Login to Me Too

ray23z
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried that too but PayPal keeps moving the goal post. I was advised that if I get anything in writing from Australia Post that proves that I haven't received my parcel they would reopen the case and give me a refund. After speaking to Australia Post over the phone and requesting them to send me an email so that I could send this screenshot of the email as proof, PayPal is now asking for a consignment letter which should be on a letter head, signed and have an official stamp. PayPal is just making things hard and trying it's best not to issue any refunds probably because they are getting a kickback from these scammers otherwise even after receiving several complaints since January 2020 nearly a year later they are still operating and receiving payments through their PayPal gateway. The consignment letter is impossible to get as the post office cannot disclose who the parcel has been addressed to or the delivery address due to privacy laws all they can check is the tracking number and tell you that it doesn't match your name or address on their system. PayPal now knows this and is taking advantage to not reopen any cases.
Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

How did you all discover Yokawa?  I found them via instagram.  Scammer central.  I wonder if there is a way to report scammer sites on IG?  Stop their supply chain.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.