Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM

thetrutys2

Yokawa Network Limited Is a SCAM and Paypal will not help you.  Buyer beware.  They use a bait and switch and get a tracking number showing it was delivered but in fact to an inccorrect bogus address. Then Paypal closes out the complaint and will not re look at the scam.  Going to my bank now to refute the charges.

Login to Me Too
359 REPLIES 359

diemnzz

Hi, I also to was scammed by this company. I ordered singing pumpkins over 2 months ago. They never sent me a receipt nor any tracking info, just kept email me to be patient. I contacted paypal and to no surprise they closed my dispute saying items were delivered. I got a email from the company stating they delivered it to wrong address not to worry another one was being shipped out, still no receipt or tracking info.. TOTAL SCAM COMPANY. I contacted paypal again today and told them about the company and all the issue they know about, still waiting for response. will be contacting bank today for dispute of charges. This will cause me to close my paypal account. I have been a vauled customer and spend a lot of money and to be scammed for the first time and paypal not to do anything makes me very upset and unable to trust this company anymore. Shame because I love paypal. STAY CLEAR OF THIS YOKAWA COMPANY THEY ARE A TOTAL SCAM WISH I DID MY HOMEWORK FIRST. 

dm

Login to Me Too

abbeyth
Contributor
Contributor

After reading this thread, something very sad has become clear to me: All along we see ourselves as PayPal users and customers, when in reality, we are actually their PRODUCT. Yokawa and others like them are PayPal's actual customers - it is off THEIR sales that PayPal makes their money. When in doubt, follow the money - if you're not the one paying it for a service, then someone else is, and that makes you the product, not the customer. Much like Facebook - we all see ourselves as its users, and therefore its customers, but it is a free service. We are Facebook's product, or I should say that our demographic information and access to micro-targeted user groups is their actual product, sold to marketing firms and bigger fish like Cambridge Analytica, etc. Yes, we put money into PayPal, but that doesn't mean we're paying them - we use it as a conduit to get our money from one place to another. In cases like these, PayPal will always take the side of the company paying the bills, which is scammers like this. They tell us we can dispute things but then use opaque beaurocracy against us. It's all a scam from the start to the end and PayPal couldn't care less as long as they make their cut.

Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

You make a really good point.  Yokawa is their customer and we are the lemmings.  Well no more!  I am never paying via paypal again! For your rationale and this:  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-you-should-never-ever-use-paypal-lee-drake/

Login to Me Too

abbeyth
Contributor
Contributor

OMG GOOD NEWS! So PayPal's "Resolution Center" is an effing joke, as we all know. I got to the point in the dispute where Yokawa "offered" me a full refund if only I would send back their precious product (a less-than-2-foot tall fake xmas tree that looks like it was made with giant pipe cleaners) - which we all know is nonsense as the price to mail it back would be more than I paid for it, likely. And within the Resolution Center, my only option after that was to submit the tracking info, which obviously I wasn't going to have. So I submitted the photos I'd already done earlier in the dispute and wrote out my issue in the comments of that. I also reached out to the general customer service robot on PayPal's website and, would you believe it, THEY GAVE ME A FULL REFUND! See the bot-chat transcript below and how I kept going in order to get to a person (maybe?) who then just went ahead and gave the refund and allegedly reported the company to PayPal's fraud department (doubtful). 

xmastree scam resolution.png

Login to Me Too

Mariacata23
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats!  You got through to someone helpful at PayPal.  No such luck on my end, I haven't been able to actually speak to a person, just get these email correspondenses with limited information.  Aweful.  I have disputed this charge with my credit card company, reporting PayPal to the Better Business Bureau, and Reported Yokawa to the Federal Trade Commision.  Also trying some other things.  Hope I get my $$ back.  

Login to Me Too

papenney
Contributor
Contributor

i was scammed by this communist outfit also. Paypal is complicit with them because they wont refund my money. I will never use paypal again if they dont do something to settle this mess. trying to get ahold of paypal is a joke. 

Login to Me Too

Morticiacamping
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered and paid for an outdoor security camera but received a 32gb micro SD card instead (worth about £4.00).

When I raised the subject with PayPal I was finally told to send the SD card back to China which would have cost far more than the original purchase cost paid for the camera.

My PayPal invoice clearly states that I paid for a camera.

I have retained the original packaging that the SD card was received in and noticed that they have a returned goods address in Reading UK, but PayPal are still insisting that it be sent back to China, which is an unreasonable request.

I am beginning to wonder whose side PayPal are really on because judging by the number of alleged fraud complaints PayPal have received from unhappy customers, I am surprised that they still allow the Yokawa Network Limited to still hold an account with them. Also, as I have said because PayPal are aware of this company's type of dealing style shouldn't they be a little more helpful to disgruntled customers?

Login to Me Too

wobbly1
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered 4 items like that and all I got was 4 32g sd cards instead.
Login to Me Too

Morticiacamping
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are fully aware of how many people are being defrauded by the Yokawa Network and yet they allow Yokawa to continue to hold a PayPal account. PayPal should be whiter than white, but this is does not appear to be the case in their dealings with Yokawa.
Login to Me Too

YokawaCrooks
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal keeps making money. It’s always about the money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.