Yinglian Trading Company Deception.

SM1957
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed.  Yes 2 tacky little shelves vs. 3 shelf cabinet.   

Looks like Paypal supports this buyer based on previous posts.   Facebook and PayPal need to stop this activity or are they a part of it?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SM1957 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal only gives us some buyer protection so its up to buyers to risk assess transactions. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

laffter
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a bracelet with built in tools, and received a piece of crap that THEY only valued at $5.00 on the label.  I paid almost $19.00, and it would cost over $60 to return it.

I, too, thought it was U.S.-based, but I should have known better.

The only reason I ordered it was because I had a pop-up FROM PAYPAL after completing another transaction, so I assumed they were legit. 

WRONG!

Login to Me Too

Tnt13
New Community Member
I am in the same situation. I ordered an item and I received another item much cheaper and smaller. I have opened a dispute, I want my money back, still waiting for an answer.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SM1957, @laffter, and @Tnt13,

I'm sorry to hear that what you received was not what you ordered. For any who have not already done so, you can open a dispute and escalate it to a claim. If directed to return the item, there is a program for assistance with return costs in some countries. That's the US link. If you are in a different country, please let us know what country you're in and we can look to see if there's an equivalent program where you are.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sylviamcg
Contributor
Contributor

After weeks of emails back and forth,  a case in PayPal’s resolution centre which was escalated, a decision of (once again) you have to return it to get your refund, blah blah blah. Yesterday I rang and spoke to someone at PayPal. Her answer was, I have to return the item because it’s part of PayPal’s buyer protection policy, then I will be reimbursed up to $45 for postage (with proof of course) and also a full refund for what I paid. I asked her why PayPal was endorsing this company and she asked me what I meant. I said “have a look at PayPal’s community page and you will see how many people have been defrauded by this company”. She made no comment. Anyway, I decided to return the item as it was going to cost less than the $45 and also get my money back. The said item was waiting to go to the Post Office, meanwhile I checked my emails and............Lo and behold the full amount has been refunded to my PayPal account, without returning the piece of crap, which can now go where it belongs, in the trash. VICTORY at last. Glad I made that phone call 👍👍👍👍👍

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.