Yet Another Scam from China

DouglasMcMorrow
New Community Member

I wanted to purchase a BlueDriver OBD2 device for my car. Most everyone, including its manufacturer, sells it for $99.99. Every once in a great while I have seen it listed for $85.

While searching the Internet a few months ago I saw it listed for $69. It was being sold from a website named Hototin.com, which is primarily a clothing retailer. Sounds fishy, so I sat on it for a while. I then decided to make the purchase, but I wisely chose PayPal as my payment option.

I made the purchase on February 20th. I did not receive any tracking information. I contacted PayPal about a week later stating i believe this was a scam. PayPal contacted me a few days later with a tracking number.  Using the provided tracking number, I see the package for the first time on March 5th. Maybe PayPal forced them to ship it? Tracking tells me the package move across China on March 9th.Then it boards an aircraft presumably on its way to the United States. My package sat on that aircraft for more than 20 days without additional status updates. PayPal’s Resolution Center unexplanedly push back their next involvement  from the last week in March, to the first week in April. On March 31st I spoke with a PayPal representative, after waiting on hold for over an hour, and insisted I get my money back for non-delivery. $69 was credited back to my PayPal Credit line.

Afew days later I receive a notification from the USPS website, that’s my package was in the US and was on its way to my home address. I had already received a refund, what was I to do with the BlueDriver. But I was still suspicious. I reasoned it would either be shipped to me broken, or something I did not order would be shipped in its place.

Today, I received a notification that the package was in my mailbox. I retrieved it. It look kind of small. Maybe it was the BlueDriver absent a factory box? It also felt too soft. I brought it in an opened it. I looked at what I received in disbelief. what I received was a pair of little girls ankle socks. Unbelievable!

Hototin was able to provide a tracking number by shipping something not even worth one dollar. Yes, PayPal did credit my account, but this is unacceptable. This is the second time I have been ripped off by a Chinese vendor who advertises they accept PayPal.

G=old Luck to All.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.