Yeepline Online / bbertywk.top - and many more websites from the same provider

GlobalCheck
Contributor
Contributor

In my case it was https://www.bbertywk.top. I found a very handy studio rack through several Facebook ads. I didn't know the article and the actual manufacturer so far and thought to myself, OK. a very inexpensive China product, I can test it. After ordering and not immediately successful payment via PayPal, emails came from the obviously criminal organization = shop provider. The already much too low price was discounted again by 20, then 40 and even 60%. A price that cannot even cover packaging and shipping. The next ominous e-mail came after the purchase with a significant delay in the shipping time specified at the time of purchase. In the end, these cone players = shop operators, sent a minimalist parcel with a deliberate delay, which was delivered to me after 73 days, which did not match the size of my ordered item should be. So let it go back unopened. In the meantime I had already researched quite a bit. Other affected parties, also via Facebook ads from this shop, had already reported that they received some cheap goods in their mailings, completely different from the items ordered. So it clearly has a method with this openly criminal gang to get over the deadlines and initiate a packaging / shipping fraud on a large scale. Facebook continues to see the reported pages and profiles without any problems, while thousands of users are blocked every day due to the incredible censorship. When and how PayPal reacts to this will decide whether and how I continue to use PayPal. I can only recommend other affected / injured parties to check the tracking numbers and if you receive a shipment that doesn't fit in shape and size, do not accept the shipment and refuse to accept it. Do yours too Cases publicly across the board and reports them to the points mentioned here in the comments. Good luck and all the best together.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GlobalCheck 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GlobalCheck
Contributor
Contributor

After submitting a dispute in my PayPal account in due time and expiry of the period for the seller to fulfill the purchase contract or repair, PayPal has refunded me the purchase price on time and in full. So that's going right. Nevertheless, PayPal is requested to always immediately close the accounts of sellers with clearly fraudulent activities in the event of such lasting evidence of fraud. Sellers

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GlobalCheck 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.