Xoom asking for government ID and bank statement

aalloo
Contributor
Contributor
I have been using xoom for a long time. But when today I tried to send money, it asked for verification details, SSN, date of birth etc even though I entered correctly, my account got locked. When I called customer support, their verification department is awful. After more than 1 hour of talking, putting my call on hold again and again, they told me that I need to send my ID and bank statement over email??? Why??? Horrible customer support. Definitely, have lost me as a customer now.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aalloo 

They shouldn't ask you to send such documents through email. 😖

Says on this page they will email you with instructions and stuff, towards the bottom:

https://help.xoom.com/s/article/what-is-required-to-send-higher-amounts-of-money?language=en_US

Click the Contact button on the bottom and try again to get a different agent to help you if the ones you got is not.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aalloo 

They shouldn't ask you to send such documents through email. 😖

Says on this page they will email you with instructions and stuff, towards the bottom:

https://help.xoom.com/s/article/what-is-required-to-send-higher-amounts-of-money?language=en_US

Click the Contact button on the bottom and try again to get a different agent to help you if the ones you got is not.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aalloo
Contributor
Contributor

I tried! The other agent replied the same. That I need to send my government ID and bank statement over email. Pathetic system.

Login to Me Too

smitsc05
New Community Member

Over email is really bad - incredibly sensitive documents, unencrypted - not ok. BUT, like the rest of us I need these transfers to go through so I did it - but that wasn't enough - now they are asking me to send TAX RETURNS? Insane? ID thief jackpot is a tax return. Sorry XOOM, I'm out - not only that but Tan Returns as a document type is not listed in the required docs in your own policy - shopping for a new cash management company - I'm sad, been with PayPal for 20 years. All they need to do is add a webpage to send secure docs - my teenager could do that for them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.