Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

I'm surprised you even got a response from the actual seller/scammer, well done and that address has got a bit more detail than the one PayPal gave me although 'Building A, Building 6' is a bit strange and what about a postcode?

Highlighted
Contributor

Me too, still fighting to get a measly 50% of my money back, I refuse to return at my cost as they supplied the wrong which also appeared used. Only way to get a full refund is sending the item at a cost of over $20. emails back & forth, parrot fashion responses offering an extra 10% refund each time, PayPal we're supposed to make a decision on my case 23/6, guess what they extended for another week. Feeling ripped off is an understatement.
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't know if you are talking to anyone at Paypal but they have a 'refund my return costs' scheme. In the UK it's £15 however I think it's more than $20 in the States. 

Once you supply evidence of the return Payapal will refund you and you can apply for the postage refund. It also affects Xingyao ratings as they get another incorrect goods mark on their account.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the advice I'll give it a go
Highlighted
Contributor

This plan is more for people that buy clothing that doesn't fit and whatnot.

There's a limit to what PP covers with this plan, i'm fairly sure they aren't going to cover 50 to 100 euro tracked shipping cost to some middle of nowhere address in mainland China while the value of the item that is to be returned is litterally pennies.

And there's obviously still the fact this is just a scam and on that basis should just be fixed by PP.
This sellers account needs to be closed.

Highlighted
Contributor

I too have the exact same issue and not for the first time but with other Chinese suppliers too. Thankfully this has served to strengthen my resolve to buy from anywhere other than China.
Highlighted
Contributor

I think i got a death threat from this company. They said to return paddling pool and i will get a refund. But because of covid i probably wont want to go out in case of illness. so i can keep their rubbish and get 40% refund. i have escalated to paypal.

Highlighted
Contributor

I've been thinking that my beef is as much with paypal as it is with the scammers. Trying to get them to deal with the scammers properly and also get full refunds is an uphill battle to say the least.

I wondered if there was a way to bypass paypal - and guess what? There is! If, like me, paypal took payment for these goods from your credit card you can request that your credit card to do something called a charge back. Paypal has no say in this process and they and the scammers don't like you using it. If the card company will refund you and take the money from paypal & the scammers. From what I've read you won't have to return the goods and the chances of a refund are high.

It's too late for me to try. Anyone fancy trying it?

Highlighted
Contributor

I've just submitted all the documentation to my bank as I used a debit card. The way paypal treated me can only help my case!!  I'll update with the decision before closing the account. 

Good luck all

Les

Highlighted
Contributor

So far PayPal actually wants me to ship the item back despite the overwhelming evidence that this seller is actively scamming. PayPal isn't really helping their reputation as a trustworthy payment provider. I've now directly asked them to look into sellers history and stop deciding in their favor.