Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

worldtriad
Contributor
Contributor

The XL pool is described as 160CM * 30Cm in sales receipt. They sent me the same tiny basin as it's described on package label. The company at first offered me 40% of my money back and to keep the item or send it back for full refund. I refused and said they needed to pay to ship back, and I wanted ful refund. Then they offered me 55% and to keep item or send back for full refund. I said no way, full refund, now, and send prepaid shipping label. I will see how they respond next before I escalate this up to paypal directly. Paypal sucks right now, because they won't answer the phone and talk to us, no matter what problem we say we have, they put us on hold and then hang up. They need to fix this.

Login to Me Too

Tbouchard384
Contributor
Contributor
OMG me too exactly what you said happened to me. They are a scam and I wish there was someway to get the word out to other people. Shame on them!! I will never do this again
Login to Me Too

M0nteNegr0
Contributor
Contributor

So I have the same issue as many on this thread and it amazes me that PayPal doesn't blacklist this company.

MY STORY:

I ordered 2 Mushroom Cloud lamps for like $30 (in retrospect, knew it was on the too good to be true but why would you think otherwise when it's widely being advertised? My mistake obviously) I wait 4 months. No tracking or any info just the company saying its coming. The first package I received was some LED strips like 4 inches long with a sending address from a middle America gas station (so I can't confirm its from this company but I never ordered lighting online ever so it's a pretty safe bet it's from them) this was 3 weeks ago. Just yesterday (7/24/20) I get another small package, this time it's 2 led stars with happy faces on them. I was mad, to say the least. From all the trouble I received, the money I paid, the wait time, the lack of help from PayPal, the dumb little face on what I received was like a slap in the face from Xingyao with the help of PayPal.

MOVING FORWARD:

I don't know why this company does this or why PayPal allows it but if I don't receive a resolution that isn't a full refund and ANY effort on my end to have to send that dumb $0.50 product back to China I will simply take my business elsewhere which is disappointing as I've made countless purchases totaling $1,000s using PayPal as a medium.

REFLECTION:

It's like when these online companies get too big for their own good they **bleep** on the people that helped get them there and they will get their comeuppance one day. For Xingyao I hope they get Cancer, seriously. Like they should be grateful to do business on a global scale and they just want to scam individuals out of hard-earned money instead just because they offered an interesting product you wanted to buy. You literally could have charged more and actually made the product and still made your money but choose to be bottom-feeding thieves. No matter though, with the political climate as it is I'm sure their country will get their own mushroom cloud dropped on top of them before too long. I just feel bad for the workers that aid the company in their **bleep** just to make ends meet but that is an issue that country has to solve on their own or their fate will be on them.

CONCLUSION:

Do the right thing PayPal. If you care about your customers and your reputation then you should refund me, the people on this tread, as well as the countless others on the platform in similar situations. I'm not saying it's easy to solve every problem but in this case, there are more than 100 people here with the same issue desperate for a resolution. Ban the company from your platform and liquidate any funds they may have that are accessible to you and make amends with your customers that gave you hard-earned money looking for equally valued products. Please, don't be part of the problem.

What I Ordered:

What I ordered...What I ordered...

What I Received:

What I got >:(What I got 😠

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@MOnteNegrO Very well said and good luck to you, I have a feeling you will be successful 👍
Login to Me Too

M0nteNegr0
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not so hopeful. Since my post Xingyao tried offering a partial refund which I denied and PayPal is asking me to file a report to the Police. Both companies are a joke.
Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@M0nteNegr0, report it to the police? That's new, I've not seen them tell anyone else to do that, and don't understand why they would, but then PayPal aren't making much sense are they 🤷‍♀️
Login to Me Too

M0nteNegr0
Contributor
Contributor
They really aren’t making sense. I’ve seen other cases referring to this but in my case it didn’t say exactly or had any steps regarding what to do next but on the email mentioned the police, the feds, some third option, that the BBB wasn’t an acceptable option. Either way if it’s true we know they have no jurisdiction in China. All that could be done is to force PayPal to do their job that they should have been doing in the first place. And I still don’t have an update. Tried calling to get a rep but recording says they don’t have the manpower to answer the call and promptly hung up the phone. It’s just ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

M0nteNegr0
Contributor
Contributor

Here was my latest conversation with PayPal: “This is Oliver from PayPal Messaging and I am happy to assist you with your dispute. The decision was made because we did not receive a response from you with supporting details for the case. Since we can no longer re-open the case, I suggest to please check with your card issuer if you can seek help from them or take it outside PayPal. If you believed you are being scammed by the seller, I strongly suggest to please file a report online through the Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3. The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints. The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. They will process your complaint if they receive accurate and complete information from you. When filing a complaint, provide the following information: •Your name •Your mailing address •Your telephone number •The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you. •Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded. •Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint. You can file a complaint with the IC3 at <removed> To learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection, go to www.paypal.com and click Security at the bottom of the page. To learn more about this policy, please reference the PayPal User Agreement. Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.” M0nteNegr0 “This is unacceptable. I’ve responded more time than needed regarding this case after it was reopened multiple times and re-evaluated by PayPal when the first decided to side with the seller. There was no additional information to submit. There was nothing specificity asked for me to retrieve. So I’m not going to the bank or police regarding this. PayPal should be aware it’s a scam as there are several hundred users on your forums talking about this company in similar situations. I need a better answer than this from PayPal. You guys are seriously gonna lose a customer over $30 What details are you looking for because I was never issued tracking and when the seller was messaged they said it was coming (after 4 months). They even offered a partial refund. The item was determined by PayPal to be segnifigantly different than advertised (after the case was closed and re-evaluated So I don’t understand what other evidence you need to refund me. I’d like a direct line to speak with someone over the phone. Unless you can provide a helpful solution regarding my refund I prefer not dealing with the messaging center any longer. Your guys normal phone line isn’t accepting calls due to insufficient reps per the volume of calls and hangs up on me. I need a real person to speak with.”

Login to Me Too

Daniel976
Contributor
Contributor

This isn't the only company that Paypal is "resolving" in favor of the seller. I have  read many threads from companies in China running this exact same seller scam. Read on other similar companies under "disputes" and you see a pattern of seller abuse. 

Login to Me Too

Tbouchard384
Contributor
Contributor
I too have been scammed by this company. I can’t believe PayPal does not honor this and kick them off. I wish I could show you a picture of what I ordered and what I received. It’s ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.