Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

Datalead
Contributor
Contributor

If you don't get an automatic refund get onto a real person vial the autochat and you will get one NB I left the chat window open with the complaint and someone picked it up and answered it the next morning;

William <removed>

5:16 PM

Case ID: PP-D-67658893. Open dispute turns out to be a scam. From other entries on paypal forum etc. this company is operating a bate and switch scam i.e. advertise one thing post out a cheap item. In this case the item should have been a rechargeable electric tyre pump, what they actually send is a cheap plastic hand pump of less that £2 in value (likely considerably less). They are relying on Paypal to insist that the item is posted back therefor most will not bother and therefor do not get a refund. Paypal is therefor complicit in the scam unless you issue a refund immediately and recover the money from the scammer.

Kevin

8:07 AM

Hi William!
My name is Kevin, and I'm going to assist you with your PayPal account today. I will quickly review the account and see how I can help. This will take just a couple of minutes.

Kevin

8:24 AM

I am checking the details of your dispute ref: PP-D-67658893. I'm sorry to hear you have been treated like this by a seller, and your comments are noted. In situations where a seller clearly violates the trust with buyers, and disputes are prevalent PayPal will step in to check the seller, probably ending with a termination of that account.
It's not in our interest to have customer complaints like yours, however please be assured that your purchases through the PayPal platform are fully protected in the event where something goes wrong.
Though the system had logged your initial complaint as an Item not Received dispute, I have amended the process, and processed your complaint through to a full refund. Please ignore the emails sent, as they are no longer relevant following the transaction reversal.

Login to Me Too

johnm252
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Similar story - ordered electric pump (£26) and received a cheap plastic hand pump - only credit if I returned pump at post cost £15 subject to their inspection - we know how that would turn out

PayPal useless, would not admit they have problems with this co.

I am putting message on Facebook 

john

Login to Me Too

Micmartin28
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same issue. Just talked on the phone to PayPal, and it was to say the least, not helpful.
Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

The chat is not working....no way to contact paypal.... 😞

Login to Me Too

Santa51
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same thing happened. But pay pal would not budge on helping me.  They offered me $30 to help with the $50 shipping cost.  Plus then the company would refund just the cost of the item.  That’s if they didn’t determine the item was damaged during shipping and refused my return.  I calculated that when all was said and done I’d be out $14.  Who’s gonna do that?  I noticed there are 143 complaints against this company.  By the way they have Shanghaied the company name.  I contacted the real company and it’s not even them selling the items.  I would also like to send Facebook my experience with this company since I answered the ad from there.  

‘’since I kept on about it. PayPal gave me a $10 voucher.  Still better then nothing I guess 

Login to Me Too

MAFALDA76
Contributor
Contributor
Por lo que veo hemos sido muchos los estafados. Compré una piscina para mis perros el 22 de mayo y aún nada. He escrito un correo a PayPal y abriré disputa. Vaya tela
Login to Me Too

elfarero

Me ha pasado lo mismo, la compré el 4 de mayo, despúes de abrir disputa y discutir mucho, ayer recibí una piscina de unos 15cm de diametro, había pedido y pagado una de 120cm, he cambiado el concepto de la disputa de no recibido a distinto al comprado, estoy a la espera de que me resulvan el caso.

Login to Me Too

Maio
Contributor
Contributor
Hola un mensaje en español👏👏🤣no entiendo casi...yo tb cai en la trampa y no me llego nunca y ya luego me llego una piscina para manos...lo he subio el caso a paypal porque querian devolverme 10€...y me han estafado 30€...sabes si se resuelven bien...?
Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

Well done, I think you were lucky to get a refund, I have been going through this same process with the same seller and after many messages to and from an agent the way it stands is that I have to return the rubbish they sent me before they will refund me,  went out yesterday to several post offices that were supposed to be open but weren't so gave up and went home again, very very frustrating.  Just don't understand why PayPal keep letting them get away with it, they said they are investigating them to see if they have followed their guidelines and if they haven't they will be blocked.  Surely they should be investigated with the very first claim against them, but what do I know?

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

Btw I ordered an Air Compression Leg Massager in the hope it would relieve some of my husband's chronic pain,  I received knee pads!  The postal label even says knee pads so they did know exactly what they were sending.  I find this even more disgraceful when they know people are in pain and hoping for some relief,  the knee pads are probably not worth more than a pound or two and certainly wouldn't of cost £12 to send to me (I think that was supposed to include express shipment but that took about 2 months to reach me).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.