Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Annie132 , i too have been having the same trouble like you with Pay Pal as i continuously reject their offer to return this piece of junk i received.
The hrs i have spent writing my response to their response is unbelievable.
I think i have been on their message centre page for over 72 hrs (without turning computer off) now as i refuse to give in to them.

I type something they type something back 5 hrs later (which is ridiculous what they type) I reply back and it goes on and on like that.
One time i just managed to be on my computer at the same time they replied back to my one of my messages (typed 8 hrs earlier to them !) and i kid u not, i replied back to it immediately. It actually shows a 1 minute delay between their msg and my reply and i had to wait about 10 hrs again just to hear from someone else regarding my question so they dont even wait to see if the customer is at their computer to reply to their crap message. And even then all that msg was just a copy and paste answer for the link to try and claim the postage back from pay pal and see if i was eligible for it (which i had already been told a few msgs earlier so they dont obviously even read the previous notes).  Its like they are all on another planet!
A couple of times i have thought of just giving in and count my losses but it **bleep** me paypal wont even listen to us and these scammers are still allowed to operate this scam and pay pal know about it, loud and clear. Makes u wonder if the scammers and pay pal are in it together ???

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

@molly_chick I hear ya and totally agree, I really don't want to give in either but the date for returning their crap to them passed so they found in favour of the SCAMMER/FRAUDSTER and they say they 'take claims of fraud very seriously and  they are investigating the seller now on my behalf', yeah right! But they still won't change their decision and it's like banging your head against a brick wall.  However after September 14th hopefully no-one else will be in the same boat when PayPal have 'changed their wording'.  Too little too late for me and many others but hopefully PayPal will step up and do things properly then.

Login to Me Too

mdl65
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem with these scammers, and PayPal don’t seem to care. Dog pool ordered was the ‘large’, what turned up is barely big enough for a mouse to bathe in! It’s 30cm diameter. PayPal, you know this is happening and you let it continue. Whilst I battle for a full refund, I am submitting this practice to the central authorities.
Login to Me Too

terrynshed
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact problem here.  Ordered XL dog pool (160cm x 30cm) and after 2 months of waiting I received a 30m x 12cm dog pool.

PayPal will not do anything about it.  Case has been opened and waiting for the seller to ask us to send it back.  PayPal knows it will cost more to send this item back with tracking than the original cost of the item.  And of course you can not send it back without tracking because the seller will claim it was never received.  And now you are out the shipping and cost of the item.

PayPal clearly stated that there is nothing they can do.  Only way we can get our money back is to send the item back and have the seller show it was received.

I don't understand how PayPal can allow this seller to continue using PayPal to scam innocent buyers.  The seller knows these PayPal policies and is using them to their advantage.  After 12 pages of of complains on just this one thread you would think PayPal will step up.  I hope they do.

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@terrynshed, it is totally out of order and they know it as in September they are changing some wording of their terms, but it's just crazy as they know there will be lots more people falling foul of this scammer so I just don't see why they don't do it straight away. Also I have asked them over and over why some people (in exactly the same situation as others with the same scammer etc) get refunds but others don't but they never answer the damn question. It must be just plain luck as to which agent is dealing with your case as some are obviously more empathetic than the majority.
Login to Me Too

terrynshed
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I completely agree.  It is always who you happen to speak with.  I have had many things resolved by simply hanging up and calling back to talk with another agent.  This doesn't always work, but definitely worth a second call.

We were scammed by another seller a month ago.  The toilet paper scam.  We ordered 18 mega rolls April, waited 2 months, and received a 1" diameter roll of paper.

When I contacted PayPal, and spoke to the dispute center, they immediately said that this 'toilet paper' seller was flagged and no longer allowed to use PayPal.  They immediately refunded my money while I was on the phone and nothing else had to be done.

The PayPal representative I spoke with today said she was going to add a request to investigate this particular seller (dog pool seller).  I think if everyone who has been scammed by this seller called PayPal and asked for this seller to be investigated they would pull them off PayPal. 

This is our only hope with this particular seller.   I will wait to get the e-mail stating I have to send the item back, then I will call PayPal again and push the issue.  

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@terrynshed yes I have been told they are investigating them now but I wonder how many other people have been told the same thing, I mean it really shouldn't take long to investigate them seeing as they have been told about this scammer many times already so should of been flagged long before now to stop anyone else being duped. I think it was one of their victims that said in checking they discovered that this person only registered in December last year so that alone should of made PayPal wary of them surely.
Login to Me Too

terrynshed
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be making another call probably tomorrow.  I just received a partial refund offer from the seller for $9.00.  Of course I declined it.

There are pages and pages of people being scammed by this seller right on the PayPal forums.  I hope PayPal does the right thing and pulls this seller. 

Good to know others are reporting this seller.  I insisted to get proof on if this seller is actually being reported but the PayPal agent told me there is no way for that to happen.  She said 'I guarantee you that I am reporting this seller right now'.  That's all I could get.

Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to get anybody from paypal to actually look into this and give me more then a prefab answer.

Login to Me Too

CollieMom
Contributor
Contributor
Same here,9$ out of 29.87$ SIGH!!! My case is still under investigation, it should have been solved the 30th but now it's a new date 08/05..That company shouldn't exist and cheat people like that! Good Luck out there!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.