Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Bonjour @Lylytwinny 

I am so sorry that happened!  I think the same thing happened to another person who posted on here, ordering a dog pool and getting a pool the size of a toy. I am glad you posted, paypal needs to see how many people this company is harming. Ask a paypal virtual agent (you message them) to refund your money without the cost of returning the item, because the company has done this trick to people before. Tell paypal to read these community boards to see.

-Amy

Login to Me Too

Lylytwinny
Contributor
Contributor
Oui, j'ai contacter un conseiller pour dire qu'il été hors de question que je retourne l'objet alors que c'est une arnaque, je leur ai dit d'aller voir les forum que nous etions beaucoup a avoir été arnaqué. Je leur ai dit que je ne comprenais pas pourquoi papypal les autorisé toujours a passer par eux. C'est dommage je ne retrouve pas lzur publicité facebook par laquel j'ai commandé afin de mettre toute les photos de leur arnaques.
Login to Me Too

Jacqui12
Contributor
Contributor
This is a scam company.
Login to Me Too

MikeIsotech
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had trouble with this company. Like another poster I ordered a dog pool and got a tiny toy instead.

They offered a 40% refund and heavily emphasised that if I asked for a refund they would make me return the item at my own cost and that this would be very expensive for me. After refusing them a number of times the refund amount reached 60%. By now I knew that they were scammers and was determined to get a resolution so I contacted Paypal. I don't know how many customer reps I was in contact with but they all said the same disappointing things: that I had to return the item at my own expense and that they did not work with fraudulent companies. When I pushed them on the fraudulent companies thing they them said that they were nothing to do with them and they were simply a payment service. I am furious with Paypal that they have this attitude and seem to be on the side of the scammer.

I was still determined to make sure that the scammers refunded me - even if it did cost me. Paypal point me at a facility that would pay my return costs up to £15. The return cost was actually £21 and I was ok spending the £6 difference to get be a pain in their butt. As soon as I submitted pictures of the tracking info Paypal issued a full refund and that the £15 would follow. I'm happy that they are getting their crap back and will also have a mark on their account.

Keep pushing is my advice and don't let them win. Make sure that Paypal is aware too and fight them too.

Login to Me Too

KAZTILLY
Contributor
Contributor
Well my dog pool turned up yesterday. I ordered a 160x30 and I received what can only be described as a water bowl. I Contacted them and was offered 40% refund and told I must ensure parcel is returned undamaged, also due to COVID apparently going out is very inconvenient and international flights have been cancelled and customs of various countries have accumulated large amounts of goods, so it's become very troublesome to return goods to China. According to them my best option is to accept a 40% refund. How about jog on. I'm done with these scammer thinking they can get away with it.
Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mikelsotech, 
I too have been like yourself and everyone else on this thread and have been dealing with pay pal for the last 3 days non stop waiting hrs for them idiots to reply to simple questions i ask on the message chat site.
The staff just seem to keep repeating what the last staff member mentioned (5 hrs earlier!) which makes me think they dont even bother looking at the previous msgs that have been discussed.
Anyway after 72 hrs of keeping my computer on so that my messages dont get "lost" with them ,   i threatened to send an email of complaint to the CEO of Pay pal , I also keep refusing continuously to send the junk back and like you , they keep sending me the link to claim the expense of the postage thru pay pal ($27 AUD) and will not give me a simple refund unless i return the **bleep**. I was reluctant to do this incase this scam then ends up costing me $70 AUD if for some reason Pay Pal dont come good with their offer of paying the postage. 

I like you,  am determined to keep on the scammers & PayPals back as everyone would be thinking its all too hard just like the scammers expect but it annoys me they are doing this and even more annoying is Pay pal allowing this to continue with these scammers plus i am not impressed with Pay Pals customer service at all and actually did send an email to the CEO discussing this case. (yet to hear back though but I didnt expect too to be honest that would be too good of customer service for anyone to acknowledge my complaint)

I just would like to know how soon did u get the postage paid by pay pal once u completed that form and also how long after that did u get the refund from the scammers. Did u have to wait for the scammers to get the junk back or just once u had proof that u sent it with the tracking number u then got a refund ?
Jackie

Login to Me Too

Jobee
Contributor
Contributor
I too have the same problem. Dogs paddling pool. Even gave measurements 160 cm x 30cm. It came today exactly the right colours and shape. But my daughter can just get 1 foot in it. Maybe for Barbie's dog but not mine. Wish I would put a picture as it looks funny, but not funny at £25.00
Login to Me Too

user0U812
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here.  I ordered a couple of those mushroom cloud lamps from Facebook.  Reported to Paypal back in May when I didn't get any updated communication, was then told by seller to wait more patiently. 

Finally today, (after 2 months of waiting) I received two lousy unicorn light up toys instead.  Disputed with Paypal.  Showed proof of items and was told by Paypal in response;  Case Closed: Decided in seller's favour   

Now, this is a company who is siding with scammers.  I wonder what kind of law suits can come out of it.  The money isn't the issue, it's the principal.  Why would I now want to trust Paypal, thought they had our backs.  This is the 2nd time in a couple of days, where I got scammed and my wife too now has gotten scammed from sellers who should have been vetted by Paypal.  Now, when we get ripped off, you decide that you are going to side with the scammer/seller.  World of hurt is coming to Paypal.  My account is going to be closed forever, and I'll never use their services ever again.  Matter of fact, everyone I know will also know that Paypal will not support the buyer.  Pretty simple, all that they had to do was make things right, but a PR disaster will happen, soon.

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

@user0U812   Sorry to hear about your problems, that's now three types of product they are scamming with!  Before you close your account make sure you highlight and print all the messages from and to paypal and the seller, I was lucky enough to get all mine before they disappeared.  Make very interesting reading along with these comments on this site.  I totally agree with your comments on paypal btw. Good luck with your pursuit of justice.  Let us know how you get on.

Les 

Login to Me Too

Lueylizard
Contributor
Contributor
I kept an open chat window open and just kept asking questions until I bbn got the answer I wanted. The last person had me fill out an internet crime report and as soon as I posted the PDF of the report PayPal refunded all of my money and I didn't have to ship it back (even tho that is what one of the first chat reps wanted me to do.)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.