Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

tlsaudio
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim on them as well with the exact issue you described. I ordered the Nuclear Explosion Mushroom Cloud Model Lamp and received a pink unicorn light instead. I contacted the seller and they want me to return item for refund minus shipping. I refused and said i wanted full amount refunded since it was their mistake. They responded and said item would need to be returned and they would not cover shipping. I checked on shipping and cheapest i could get was more than the total i paid........its a scam for sure. They need to be removed from Paypal or at least flagged.20200708_134940.jpg

Login to Me Too

tlsaudio
Contributor
Contributor

Here's where Paypal has left me, I dont see this getting resolved so going to try and get my bank involved:

Me:

9:27 AM

Transaction amount: $24.78 USD Transaction date: May 11, 2020 I ordered the Nuclear Explosion Mushroom Cloud Model Lamp and received a pink unicorn light instead. I contacted the seller and they want me to return item for refund minus shipping. The return shipping is more than the original price. I want the full refund back and am not shipping anything, this seems like a scam. Here is a link to other's having exact same issue. Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

You are now connected to Marcela

Marcela

2:00 PM

Hi! Thank you for contacting PayPal! My name is Marcela, I would be happy to assist you today. Oh no I am so sorry that this happen to you. When you cancelled this subscription did you receive any emails confirming that the subscription has been cancelled before you were billed? Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Me

2:04 PM

This wasnt a subscription it was a one time purchase. The item was purchased may 11th didn't get here until july 7th. That is when i contacted seller and they told me to send item back

It's a scam, they send wrong item on purpose knowing that the return shipping costs more than the item itself. I would like my full refund back

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

You are now connected to Allen

Allen

6:42 PM

I completely understand how a situation like this can be incredibly frustrating. Sometimes merchants ship their items from a location within the US, but it is not always the same place they can accept returns which is why we have them provide a return address. While some merchants do help facilitate returns for their customers, that courtesy is not always extended to the buyer and is at the discretion of each individual merchant. In an instance when this courtesy is not offered, the buyer is responsible for returning the merchandise at their own expense. I understand the situation can be frustrating but when purchasing online or in-store, it is generally a buyer's responsibility to return the item to the merchant. For example, if I were to buy a TV from a store and it is defective, it is still my responsibility to return the TV back to the store.

As we are a payment processor we are unable to force the seller to pay for the return shipping costs, however one option we do have to assist with this is our Return Shipping Program where you will pay the cost up front, submit the documentation or receipt to us, then we reimburse you for up to $30.00 since we know that these can be difficult times for many of us. It may not always cover the entire return cost but I do want to provide you with the information so you have it available. I will send an email to you so you have the sign up information. We appreciate your business and want you to have a positive experience. If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact us at "generic service email"

Me

7:29 PM

Then just return my money for the item minus shipping. It's not even about the money at this point, its about stopping fraudulent sellers from taking advantage of a system. I am turning this into my bank and disputing the charges from there.I dont understand why this has to be so complicated. I'm attaching this link again, you can see that others have been having the exact same issue but you obviously dont want to do anything about it https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Xingyao-e-commerce-Co-Limited-Scam-comp...

They sent an entirely wrong product to me on purpose

Your file has been uploaded.

20200708_134940.jpg / 3.42

Does that look like a Nuclear Explosion Mushroom Cloud Model Lamp?

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor
Your reply to the agent was excellent. The point is to stop this company from continuing to take advantage of people. And they will keep it doing it if PayPal continues to be a part of it by doing business with them and making people return items and not holding the company accountable. Glad you can try working with the bank to get money back.
Login to Me Too

BrittonK
Contributor
Contributor

Like all of you, I also ordered something and two months later received absolutely unrelated cheap junk from this company with a return address of "Mary Jamaica, NY" lol

PayPal refunded the money, thankfully, but I doubt they would have done so if all of you didn't also report this fraudulent seller.

Thanks guys and if you see their or other "too good to be true" ads on Facebook, report them to save us all some headache and hassle.

Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

I opened my own topic.

As this one is marked solved but this scammer is still very much not solved and paypal is still apocalypticly passive around this whole thing.

At this point i'm more annoyed with PayPal then the fact I got duped and there definately needs to be more noise.

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

Well I have just received notification that they have denied my claim, I am so angry at PayPal, and like you said Netherviking, more than the fact I was duped in the first place.  I guess I have just been very unlucky in the agents that dealt with me because what other reason are some people getting refunds and others like myself are not?

Login to Me Too

tlsaudio
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal refuses to do anything other than me sending the item back and they will only provide up to $30 for shipping. I looked into returning the item and it would cost more than $30 to return a completely worthless wrong item. Also the return address that i was given doesn't even come up as a proper shipping address. I called my bank and they have filed a dispute, hopefully this will get resolved. 

Login to Me Too

tlsaudio
Contributor
Contributor
My bank refused refund as well because payment went through Paypal......I give up
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

They also "denied" my claim because I didn't supply shipping information for an item I shouldn't have to ship back, to an address that doesn't exist within Paypal's arbitrairily decided timeframe where you have to "act".

That means nothing as far as I am concerned. 

The only reason this case expired is because paypal fails to respond to support requests in a timely manner.

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

Making A Payment – Buyer Protection

In this section, we have re-introduced the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy into the user agreement and reworded its terms for global alignment.

Receiving Payments – Impact of PayPal Buyer Protection on Sellers

• We have amended the wording in the "Impact of PayPal Buyer Protection on Sellers" sub-section: If you are a seller and lose a claim under PayPal Buyer Protection and the buyer’s claim was that the item received was Significantly Not as Described, you may not receive the item back, or you may be required to accept the item back and pay for the return shipping costs.

I have just seen this due to come in on 14/09/20  so I guess at least that's something, doesn't help us but at least in future people should be able to get their refund without returning their 'switched' tat.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.