Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

Brainmouse
Contributor
Contributor
Ignore the seller and escalate to PayPal for a full refund. I had the same exact issue and same refund routine where they send a crap item and then offer a fraction of what what was paid. Don’t fall for it and don’t engage with them. Company has conducted the same scam with thousands of buyers.
Login to Me Too

jennifer347
Contributor
Contributor

how do we contact someone with Pay Pal If i call it hangs up because of the corona virus and no one will answer a phone call, i cant get anyone on the computer no one on a chat. i cant put a dispute in because it wont show the purchase on there, i have invoice number also have a receipt number an item number. i have a charge on my bank account for the cost and it was not shipped to me in Michigan it was shipped to some place in Tennessee and it says Pay Pal Marsh is the one that debited my bank account for this. no one will help.. i need to talk to someone before my time is over HELP

Login to Me Too

Brainmouse
Contributor
Contributor
If you purchased through PayPal, you find your transaction and initiate a refund. Take some pictures of the item and send these to the seller to document. Request a full refund. The company will offer a fractional refund. Don’t take it. This is the scam. Ignore the offer and escalate to PayPal dispute resolution. They will investigate and then they should refund your money.
Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

At the end of June I was scammed by this company and after emails to a from the Paypal agent the best he could offer was 60% off the sale price not the total price!  I escalated through the resolution centre and was told I would have to send the piece of Cr*p back to China for a Full Refund. Just like most of the rest of you, a small percentage of you did get a refund with no rhyme or reason to it.  The shipping agent I was going to use wanted a phone number and email address of the seller in China. I asked 4 times for this information from PayPal, they totally ignored the questions. Sound familiar? I subsequently failed to send the item back and paypal informed me that because I had not produced a tracking number, I had failed to send the item back and they would close the case!!. The resolution case was closed. 

I then took my complaint and all the relevant paperwork to my bank as I had used a debit card. They have now refunded all my money and paypal have now complained that I involved the bank without closing the resolution case while they are still reviewing it. When I look on line it's open again but just showing as being reviewed. 

So, do not give up, all is not lost. Copy all that you can from the paypal webpages and this forum and send it to the bank your card represents. There are people who care out there but, unfortunately paypal are not one of them. I am now going to close my account with paypal.  Good luck, I hope this has helped you in some way.

Les Dobson 

Login to Me Too

philroller
Hello Les. Thanks for the advice. I may try that route, to be honest I think I have waisted enough time on this. As the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Purchased a fantastic air pump x 2 at a fantastic price and received 2 bicycle pumps. Obvious scam, and at 58 shows, no fool like an old fool, but I am more annoyed at PP for not supporting me and all the others that have been scammed. £40 with return postage is not a great overall loss, but multiply that many times over because PP did not step up is unacceptable. PP closing the case when I have proof of postage rather than tracked it at a greater cost, PP not interested, and I actually spoke to someone.
Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting your results with pay pal as this has happened to me and i just have posted my question on what  can i do to make pay pal change their decision for me , as they wanted me to return back to the scammer seller but I hadnt seen your post first before my post.
Interesting that PayPal is making the buyers of these scammers send back to the seller knowing damn well it is a scam, its like Pay Pal is on the scammers side. No wonder the scammers continue to scam people with this trick of sending junk instead of the advertised product, people cannot be bothered fighting pay pal with it.
Would u be able to share the link to contact pay pal via the virtual agent as i cannot see live chat anywhere and found it hard just to find their "email me" area once i was logged into pay pal. I only stumbled on it after logging out of pay pal and then googling how to email pay pal whilst i was not logged in.

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @molly_chick 

I am going to answer your question in 2 seperate replies.

First, I have copied what I said to an agent below. (in my second reply, I will show you how to find where to access the chat on paypal to get to an agent). It can take a long wait time to be connected to an agent, so go ahead and write out your problem all the way like you are talking to them so that when they actually log on to chat with you, and you are already asleep lol, they can read about the problem.

Here's the transcript from when I chatted with an agent...

PayPal Virtual Agent

1:47 AM

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

Amy <removed>

please transfer me to an agent

PayPal Virtual Agent

All our agents are currently offline.

I can transfer this conversation to them and they will respond when they are back in the office.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Amy <removed>

Yes

PayPal Virtual Agent

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

Amy <removed>

1:52 AM

I started a case with the resolution center. I have been waiting and waiting for an item to arrive that I ordered. It was shipped from China. It finally arrived but the company sent the wrong item. I sent pictures as proof. The company now says that they will issue a refund once I return the item. It costs over $40 to return this item to China and I do not feel that I should have to pay return shipping fees since they sent the wrong item. They can either pay the return shipping costs since it was their error or they can resend the correct item. There is no place for me to respond to them on the resolution center, only a place to send the shipping information. I need to speak with an agent please. I feel this is fraud on the companys part and paypal is suppossed to protect customers. This company sent the wrong item but I have to pay to return? please contact me. 

You are now connected to Ana

Ana

2:56 PM

Hello Amy! Sadly we cannot force the seller to pay for the return shipping costs. However, we do have a return shipping reimbursement program that you can sign up for at paypal.com/returns for up to $30 in reimbursement for the shipping costs. To enroll in Return Shipping on Us, please visit: www.PayPal.com/Returns.

Amy <removed>

2:34 PM

They sent me the wrong item. If you check the community board messages, you will see they do this often. sending the wrong items and then only offering a refund if the wrong item gets returned which they know often costs a huge amount of money. where is the buyer protection? They sent me the wrong item. I feel they should have to resend the correct one. This was THEIR mistake.

You are now connected to Hannah

Hannah

3:28 PM

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused, Amy. I've reviewed the details and closed the case in your favor without having to return the incorrect item. The $20.98 refund has been sent to your card ending in xx. It typically takes 3-5 business days for a card provider to process a refund. I'm glad I could resolve this case for you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can. If there is nothing else, have a great rest of your day!
Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @molly_chick 

Here's my second reply to your post. I had to go back and find where I posted the way I was able to find the chat option on paypal. You are right, it is super hard trying to find it.

For the chat -

It is on the paypal page, at the top of the page click "help". then look for the words "help center". scroll to the bottom and look for words "contact us" and click that. it might take a minute. It will give you a screen saying "tell us about your issue". Ignore that and scroll down to the bottom and look for the words "message us". You should see a screen pop up from a paypal virtual agent. Tell them again about your problem with the company, and you can reference to this community board post if you want. you are not the only person to be scammed by this company. Hopefully the agent will review things again.  Be sure and tell them the whole story, you might be put on hold with the virtual agent like I did, but when a real person came on line (in the middle of our night here in the USA), they were able to read what I had written and reviewed things again and then refunded my money. Hope this helps.

Amy

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, thank you so much for the step by step information, was very user friendly to read and i achieved results getting to the virtual chat area. 
Have just copied and pasted my 2 emails that i sent them in last couple of days  (which they didnt bother replying to) so see how i go here. 
My amount lost is only $24.98 US but it really annoys me that this is a well known scam to Pay Pal yet they are doing nothing about it and letting the scammers get away with it so im not going to let this go easily. 
I have done as u mentioned, wrote the details on the message and hopefully it wont take too long for them to reply or acknowledge it (I just hope i dont accidentally close the page down or accidentally turn my computer off before they answer 😄 ) and hopefully it wont take as long as another person on here stated, hers was 36 hrs before they answered her msg!
Thank you once again and fingers cross Pay Pal sees sense in what people are asking from them.
The world is in a bad enough state and shape as it is at the moment without us being scammed on top of it all and not getting any support from organisations like Pay Pal that are meant to be there to help in cases like this.

Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

Another update....Paypal is not going to help at all. They closed our conversation in the message center without giving an answer on my last questions. How rude is that! Earlier I asked them: what if I do return it, but the package won't arrive because it's a fake address, or due to customs or anything? The answer was clear: I would not get a refund at all. So now I offered to fall back on the 60% refund, without having to send it back. That way I will still lose money, but not as much as when I send it back to China, not getting a refund at all. On that proposition, I received a standard answer, how to claim back the shipping costs. They did not read my post properly at all. Getting more angry by the minute. I'm with my back against the wall here. Paypal is just as much a scam as this seller is....who they keep facilitating (in stead of protecting buyers). No answer from my bank yet....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.