Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

MikeIsotech
Contributor
Contributor

I've been thinking that my beef is as much with paypal as it is with the scammers. Trying to get them to deal with the scammers properly and also get full refunds is an uphill battle to say the least.

I wondered if there was a way to bypass paypal - and guess what? There is! If, like me, paypal took payment for these goods from your credit card you can request that your credit card to do something called a charge back. Paypal has no say in this process and they and the scammers don't like you using it. If the card company will refund you and take the money from paypal & the scammers. From what I've read you won't have to return the goods and the chances of a refund are high.

It's too late for me to try. Anyone fancy trying it?

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

I've just submitted all the documentation to my bank as I used a debit card. The way paypal treated me can only help my case!!  I'll update with the decision before closing the account. 

Good luck all

Les

Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor
So far PayPal actually wants me to ship the item back despite the overwhelming evidence that this seller is actively scamming. PayPal isn't really helping their reputation as a trustworthy payment provider. I've now directly asked them to look into sellers history and stop deciding in their favor.
Login to Me Too

Bestep
Contributor
Contributor

Go to your credit card and have them reverse the charges!  PayPal does nothing to help you. I only use them if it’s the only way!

Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is coupled to my bank account, I don't have a creditcard payment to charge back.

Paypal shouldn't be used at all if they allow blatant scamming.

Login to Me Too

Kball1300
Contributor
Contributor
Just got an update on PayPal "new" terms and conditions. One paragraph says this, "For “Significantly Not as Described” claims under our Seller Protection Program, we are clarifying that the item may not be returned to sellers or sellers may be required to accept the returned item and pay for the return shipping costs." Yeah. No **bleep**. But its still a little vague, saying sellers "may" have to pay their own shipping ba k, or not requiring it. What paypal has been doing to their customers is appalling. My credit card conpanybrwcunded my money, but debit card users have a lot less options with the bank. If paypal doesnt do a 180 on their previous policy, I'm completely done with them.
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

It's absurd this is even a "terms and conditions" thing.
The seller is straight up not complying with the purchase agreement.
That they send out completely unrelated garbage items is only relevant because that is how PayPal's buyer protection is wired.

And that the buyer has to fix sellers mistake, even if this is a legitimate error, is also absurd.

I'm sure if you try this case at any body of justice PayPal's handeling here would be completely eaten. Unfortunately unless you have a creditcard to charge back you can't really do anything yourself.

If I had a bigger budget i'd try them in a court here out of sheer principle over this. Even if my case is only 25 bucks.
If your bank arbitrated this transaction you could've disputed this easily. Because there's just no grey area here. 
It's so obvious you're beeing messed with it almost hurts.
There's no way PayPal claim any sort of innocense here. But they are trying.

The customer service guy that got back to me just now litterally says we can't just classify sellers like this "overnight" as scammers as if this issue isn't already ongoing for months.

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree, I will never again trust a seller based on the fact they accept PayPal, as they can no longer be trusted to actually protect us the buyers. It makes me so damn angry that they are basically complicit in these scams. It's not even about the money, although I really want it back if only to take it away from the scammer and PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody dealing should also check the provided return address.

I've received two "adresses" from this seller right now, one via e-mail earlier when I treid to solve this out of Paypal and a different one through my PayPal claim.
Neither of which seem to actually exist or at the very least have info missing like house numbers or zipcodes.

I've fed this info back to Paypal to find out how they are going to spin that into the scammer's favor.

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
Oh thanks have not done that, I naively thought the one PayPal gave me was correct, will go check that now, probably a good thing that I haven't managed to find an open post office yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.