Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

witihoo
New Community Member

I got mine today... Not that nuclear lamp, but that same unicorn. Hopefully paypal will do something about this...

Login to Me Too

Maderep
Contributor
Contributor
Same here!
Login to Me Too

KAZTILLY
Contributor
Contributor

This is my response off the dog paddling pool company, contemplating whether I should return or not, guaranteed they'll say we haven't received it. 

*****************************************************************************************

Dear Customer Sorry, the partial compensation I won for you cannot satisfy you. I have been working hard to solve this problem for you. I have negotiated with the person in charge of the company many times to resolve this issue, and our company is ultimately willing to increase your compensation to 65% of the total order amount. Although I very much hope that you will not escalate the complaint, but I can only apply for this rate of compensation for you at most, if you still can not accept, I will be powerless. Our company's full refund policy is as follows: 1. Return the product to this address: <removed>, Fenggang Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province. 2. In the packaging, indicate the reason for the return and the order number. 3. Contact customer service staff to inform the tracking number of the return. 4. When receiving the returned product to ensure that it does not affect the secondary sales, a full refund will be made. Looking forward to your reply.

- Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited, Friday, 10 July 2020 at 10:24:23

Really does wind me up that they are scamming 100's of people, they need to be stopped

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor

I'm surprised you even got a response from the actual seller/scammer, well done and that address has got a bit more detail than the one PayPal gave me although 'Building A, Building 6' is a bit strange and what about a postcode?

Login to Me Too

KAZTILLY
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, still fighting to get a measly 50% of my money back, I refuse to return at my cost as they supplied the wrong which also appeared used. Only way to get a full refund is sending the item at a cost of over $20. emails back & forth, parrot fashion responses offering an extra 10% refund each time, PayPal we're supposed to make a decision on my case 23/6, guess what they extended for another week. Feeling ripped off is an understatement.
Login to Me Too

MikeIsotech
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if you are talking to anyone at Paypal but they have a 'refund my return costs' scheme. In the UK it's £15 however I think it's more than $20 in the States. 

Once you supply evidence of the return Payapal will refund you and you can apply for the postage refund. It also affects Xingyao ratings as they get another incorrect goods mark on their account.

Login to Me Too

KAZTILLY
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice I'll give it a go
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

This plan is more for people that buy clothing that doesn't fit and whatnot.

There's a limit to what PP covers with this plan, i'm fairly sure they aren't going to cover 50 to 100 euro tracked shipping cost to some middle of nowhere address in mainland China while the value of the item that is to be returned is litterally pennies.

And there's obviously still the fact this is just a scam and on that basis should just be fixed by PP.
This sellers account needs to be closed.

Login to Me Too

wyjrca
Contributor
Contributor
I too have the exact same issue and not for the first time but with other Chinese suppliers too. Thankfully this has served to strengthen my resolve to buy from anywhere other than China.
Login to Me Too

Jobee
Contributor
Contributor

I think i got a death threat from this company. They said to return paddling pool and i will get a refund. But because of covid i probably wont want to go out in case of illness. so i can keep their rubbish and get 40% refund. i have escalated to paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.