Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the update Amy. I have been on the message us site all day communicating with numerous people who do not want to understand the problem. Late this afternoon someone said they would refer it back to the resolution centre and they came back and said I had not responded to the request to send back the toy!!! If it is not completed by tomorrow they will close the case!  Unbelievable.   Tomorrow if that happens I will close the account on Ebay as they are splitting from Paypal by the end of this year. Maybe that's why I'm getting such crap service!  

Glad you got your refund as did a few others.  I'm going to investigate a couple of legal avenues and see where they take me. It's not about the money but justice against the big boys.

Cheers

Les

Login to Me Too

DebbieC62
Contributor
Contributor

I too have fallen for this companies scams.... ordered a rattan cat bed and received a cheap and nasty cat hammock.
I read some of the posts on here, and was prepared for their offers of 40,50 & 60%.  Their returns possibly clearly States that if the order is under US$25, the customer does NOT have to pay return shipping costs.  I quoted them their returns policy and got "we not pay returns shipping".
I'm incredibly **bleep** off at myself at falling victim (again) to one of these scams, and have been going back and forth with them for weeks.  I have become quite hostile, asked them what proof I would have that they ever received the item as many had gone to the expense of returning dud items and been told they hadn't been received.  The last email requested a copy of my invoice/order number and email address used to order (it was via Paypal) so I sent them the Paypal receipt and email used - and they said they would refund.
Lets see ... I will not be holding my breath, but it's disgusting that companies like this prey on consumers in this way - and Facebook is as bad for allowing scam companies to advertise.  Paypal is a joke when it comes to assisting the consumer.  Oh - the company also told me specifically NOT to raise a dispute with Paypal as they would insist I returned the product - which is what Xingyao want me to do anyway??

Login to Me Too

SomeoneHere13
Contributor
Contributor

same here, exact same issue. i just reported them to PayPal and I will quit PayPal and go to other payment services if they do not refund my money. PayPal may be a big kid on the block but they sure are not the ONLY company that accepts payments and I was ripped off and I am **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Maderep
Contributor
Contributor
just happened the same to me right now
Login to Me Too

DebbieC62
Contributor
Contributor

I saw that too and wondered the exact same thing.... Paypal is not what it used to be and definitely NOT on the side of the consumer

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I've been through every avenue now with paypal and they have rejected my claim because I did not supply the tracking information to show I had sent the toy back.  Paypal were the only ones who had the email address and phone number of this scam company which the shipping company wanted to ensure they could contact the receiver of the package.   The shipping company was Parcel2Go and it was going to take 5 days and cost just over £11.  So they held all the cards.

Anybody got any ideas where I can take this now? Based in the UK

I know we have been treated poorly by facebook and paypal and need a conduit to voice our opinions. 

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

So sorry to hear this. Maybe try again with another paypal chat agent?  Sounds like you were ready to go and had the shipper, you just needed that information from paypal. Talk to the chat agent and see what they say.

Ive been looking at all the pics on this thread, the ones with the dogs and the "pool". This company is clearly deceiving people. I may also contact an agent and ask them to check these threads. This company should not be allowed to do business. I wonder if the better business bureau can be contacted about a chinese company. I will need to look into who regulates companies importing to the US

-Amy

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link, most useful!  I am preceding with a claim through another channel but will say no more at the moment because I know Pay Pal read these regularly. I made a comment about paypal using their name and they removed their name!!

Login to Me Too

Lylytwinny
Contributor
Contributor
Ce sont de vrai arnaqueur il me font le même, j'ai commandé une piscine pour chien d'un metre soixante j'ai recu un truc de 30 cm et il beulent que je le renvois pour me faire rembourser c'est hors de question
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.