Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230

Kitzkrieg
Contributor
Contributor
Xingyao e-commerce Co. Is absolutely scamming! I ordered a "Nuclear Explosion Lamp" and received (after a dozen emails or so asking for the tracking, and they only replied when I threatened to file a claim) a pink unicorn dollar store light that works on watch batteries... they offered me 50% refund or 100% if I sent it back, knowing that it will cost over $100 to return it with tracking to China. They know what they are doing. And that item i ordered shows on their website they have sold over 6,500 at about $20 before shipping (that was $15) and that works out to an astounding $227,500.00 !!! For just that 1 item of a few (maybe 12 items) they show for sale, and I'll add that none of those items is the ridiculous unicorn lamp they actually sent...
Login to Me Too

Kball1300
Contributor
Contributor
Yep same situation here. Ordered nuc explosion lamp, got a dollar store unicorn lamp instead, after 2 months. When I contacted paypal to dispute the transaction about 6 weeks after ordering because of the run around I was getting, they didnt exactly jump on the issue. So I called my credit card company and THEY refunded my money. Good thing they did. PayPal is not customer friendly when it comes to this kind of thing. **bleep** them. Pay via paypal if you want, but ALWAYS use a credit card. Your bank will have your back. Too bad too, was looking forward to that nuc lamp. 😞
Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, this is typical 'bait and switch scam'.  And Paypal let them get away with it....and worse: don't protect buyers...

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all fellow victims,

PayPal insist that I have to send the plastic toy back for the seller to give me a refund. I cannot find an email address or telephone number for this seller. They are required by the shipper to complete my application form. PayPal not forthcoming with this information. (You would have thought if they were setting up an account with this Chinese company those two things would be prerequisite?)  

Has anyone successfully sent an item back to this company and got a Full Refund?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

@BlueBouy66 

Insist with paypal that they review your case closer. Via chat support for example.

Shipping the dinkey toy garbage item back that was intentionally wrongly sent to you is just not a realistic option and they know it.

I think the max item value of the thing they sent me is like 50 cents. Shipping it back is like 50 bucks. And it's like double the value of my claim to begin with. Not happenig.

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited was incorporated on 17 December 2019. It is limited by shares and a private company.

© 2020 Data Guru Limited. There is no affiliation with the Hong Kong Companies Registry.

Strange what you find once you start digging. PayPal, where is the Due Diligence you are supposed to carryout on new companies before you expose them to your customer??

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe this is the reason Paypal has gone down hill

EBay announced today 28th January that it will stop working with PayPal as its back-end payments service in 2020 and will start to move a small percentage of its payments volume to a new partner later this year.  A dutch company will be taking over most the payments and Ebay could cease using Paypal altogether.

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @BlueBouy66 

Im the person who started this thread. I am so sorry you are having similar trouble with this company like I did. Like you, Paypal had requested that I send my item back. But I kept insisting to them the unfairness of all this and I found talking/chatting with a paypal rep finally got them to review my case again.  I posted the thread so you can see the chat agent's comments. You asked if anyone had ever any success with getting a refund by sending the item back to the company. I did a bit of reading on these boards before I made my original post and I found that some people who tried sending items back, had them refused by the company or the company denied they'd received them back. This company is operating illegally by taking orders and then purposely sending people the wrong items so I don't expect that they would play fair. Thus,I would say do not send the item back because it is very expensive to mail back and very doubtful they will give you a refund. If you cant get a paypal chat rep to respond to you and re-review your case, then perhaps see if you can get the company to refund a percentage of your money. They sometimes offer to do that. Hope this works out for you,

Amy

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Amy

I started of contacting the supplier and they offered 40% then 50% and Finally 60% understanding this was a scam i wrongly as it's turned out thought PayPal would do the Honorable thing and offer a refund, getting the money back from the seller like they have done on Ebay. NO, they told me I had to send the toy back at my expense to get a full refund as that is what the supplier offered after they spoke with them. So that was my resolution! I have fought all the way until tonight when Joseph said If I had not responded by tomorrow they would close the case.  Hears the best bit, I need a phone number and an email address of the seller for the shipping company to be able to process by order to send it back. It's not on their invoice, it's not on their website, so I have been asking Paypal all day for them to give the ones they surely must have!!!   So far, nothing!!  They do not even acknowledge the question Just hiding behind the "Rules". They did offer me a facility to "sign up" for a refund postal charge, which I have not got to yet as I do not have all the information. I'm going to fill in a form at the Financial Ombudsman's website and see where that takes me. It's now not about the money but justice for all of us against this apathy and collusion in scamming customers!  PayPal prove it is not!

Login to Me Too

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

If you are required to provide an email and phone number but you cant get that information from the company or from paypal, then it seems like it is impossible for you to mail it back. I would try the chat button for a paypal agent again. It is on the paypal page, at the top of the page click "help". then look for the words "help center". scroll to the bottom and look for words "contact us" and click that. it might take a minute. It will give you a screen saying "tell us about your issue". Ignore that and scroll down to the bottom and look for the words "message us". You should see a screen pop up from a paypal virtual agent. Tell them again about your problem with the company, including the fact that you are trying to return the product but both the company and paypal wont give you a phone number or email to give the shipper and thus are preventing you from returning the item. Hopefully the agent will review things again.  Be sure and tell them the whole story, you might be put on hold with the virtual agent like I did, but when a real person came on line (in the middle of our night here in the us), they were able to read what I had written and reviewed things again and then refunded my money. Hope this helps.

Amy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.