Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Like a lot of people on this forum, I have been the victim of the whole order then get a different cheaper item. I opened a dispute with the company because I never received the item. We went back and forth for 20 days and then paypal stated I had to escalate my claim or it would be closed. I did so. The item then came in the mail and was not even what I ordered. I let paypal know, and included pictures. Paypal stated I must return the item even though I was sent the wrong one. That would be fine except the cost to send this back to China is huge and currently the post office says they cant accept packages to China because of the virus. I feel the company should have to pay return postage since it was their mistake, or resend the correct item. Now that paypal has stated I must return the item, I can no longer write anything on my claim, only the return tracking number. My text messages to paypal go unanswered. This company from China is one of many doing this while bait and switch thing. But from what I can see, paypal does NOT protect the customer, and is actually encouraging companies to continue this fraudulent practice by letting their practices continue. I mean I was shocked how many people have left posts here and yet Paypal ignores what is happening. In a previous post, someone had given some links to places we can lodge a complaint. Maybe the FTC?  Can someone send me that link again please?  and any other place where I can lodge a complaint?

thanks

Login to Me Too
230 REPLIES 230
Solved

jonesgirl07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Its me again. not sure where it post this, but I wanted to let you know that paypal DID refund my money after some persistance. I found that once paypal requested that the item be returned, I could no longer reply back to paypal about the situation. so I talked to a paypal virtual agent instead. I am going to try and paste the conversation below in case it might help others in the same situation.

PayPal Virtual Agent

1:47 AM

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund".

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

Amy <removed>

please transfer me to an agent

PayPal Virtual Agent

All our agents are currently offline.

I can transfer this conversation to them and they will respond when they are back in the office.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

After I transfer the conversation, you can close the window and come back to it when it’s convenient for you. When we respond, we’ll send you a notification with a link to the Message Center where you can reply.

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

Amy <removed>

Yes

PayPal Virtual Agent

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

Amy <removed>

1:52 AM

I started a case with the resolution center. I have been waiting and waiting for an item to arrive that I ordered. It was shipped from China. It finally arrived but the company sent the wrong item. I sent pictures as proof. The company now says that they will issue a refund once I return the item. It costs over $40 to return this item to China and I do not feel that I should have to pay return shipping fees since they sent the wrong item. They can either pay the return shipping costs since it was their error or they can resend the correct item. There is no place for me to respond to them on the resolution center, only a place to send the shipping information. I need to speak with an agent please. I feel this is fraud on the companys part and paypal is suppossed to protect customers. This company sent the wrong item but I have to pay to return? please contact me. 

You are now connected to Ana

Ana

2:56 PM

Hello Amy! Sadly we cannot force the seller to pay for the return shipping costs. However, we do have a return shipping reimbursement program that you can sign up for at paypal.com/returns for up to $30 in reimbursement for the shipping costs. To enroll in Return Shipping on Us, please visit: www.PayPal.com/Returns.

Amy <removed>

2:34 PM

They sent me the wrong item. If you check the community board messages, you will see they do this often. sending the wrong items and then only offering a refund if the wrong item gets returned which they know often costs a huge amount of money. where is the buyer protection? They sent me the wrong item. I feel they should have to resend the correct one. This was THEIR mistake.

You are now connected to Hannah

Hannah

3:28 PM

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused, Amy. I've reviewed the details and closed the case in your favor without having to return the incorrect item. The $20.98 refund has been sent to your card ending in xx. It typically takes 3-5 business days for a card provider to process a refund. I'm glad I could resolve this case for you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can. If there is nothing else, have a great rest of your day!
Login to Me Too

Netherviking
Contributor
Contributor

I've just escalated my claim to PP. Also referred to this topic.
Let's see what happens. 

Login to Me Too

BlueBouy66
Contributor
Contributor

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

Well, Paypal is refusing to help. The only way is to send the item back. Has anyone even tried that? I recon it's a fake address. Couldn't find it in google maps. Paypal knows about this scam but instead of protecting buyers, they let this conman proceed...

Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

New phase...The discussion with Paypal has now been removed from the messages, I guess Paypal was getting tired of the discussion. When I look now, there are simply 0 messages. Looks like Paypal is just as criminal as this company Xingyao e-commerce....

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@JessTB Hi, that's strange because I can still see the thread.
Login to Me Too

JessTB
Contributor
Contributor

@Annie132  Yeah I can see this thread as well, but not the discussion I had with PP anymore....

Login to Me Too

Annie132
Contributor
Contributor
@JessTB oh sorry, that will teach me to not reply when I am half asleep lol 🙄
Login to Me Too

Ohem1
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. This is unacceptable!
Login to Me Too

terrilonghorn
Contributor
Contributor

Me too been scammed by this company Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited - Scam company, Paypal shame on you for allowing this to continue with your help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.