Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited PP-D-68501114

tonythomas256
Contributor
Contributor

I started a case with the resolution centre. I waited a long for an item to arrive that I ordered. It was shipped from China. It finally arrived but the company sent the wrong item. I sent pictures as proof. The company now says that they will issue a refund once I return the item. It costs over $20 to return this item to Hong Kong and I do not feel that I should have to pay return shipping fees since they sent the wrong item. They can either pay the return shipping costs since it was their error or they can resend the correct item. There is no place for me to respond to them on the resolution centre, only a place to send the shipping information. I need to speak with an agent please. I feel this is fraud on the companies part, and PayPal is supposed to protect its customers. This company sent the wrong item but I have to pay for the return? There are a lot other buyers who have had similar if not exactly the same issues with this company. Please read Pay Pal community message board. They always send out a low value item that will cost a lot to return in the hope the buyer will not bother with the expense of returning the item. I found several that had been sent exactly the same item. All I want is the a full refund of the $29.98 I have spent and not to incur further costs of $20 to return the worthless item they have sent me. It’s a scam affecting many more buyers than PayPal perhaps realise. Where is the buyer protection? please contact me.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

holymoses123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  I have the very same problem .Just opened a dispute with paypal as item not received and today just got  cheap item in its place.I see from your post that their tactic is to get you to return the item and pay postage.This must be a scam then,hope paypal will do something.

Login to Me Too

David069
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue, PayPal will literally do NOTHING to help with this issue, yet continues to conduct business with this company who are obviously scamming people. First Covid-19, now this.. thanks alot China! Why are we still allowing them to exist on this planet??
Login to Me Too

tonythomas256
Contributor
Contributor

Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited    PP-D-68501114

My dispute has been closed by yourselves and you have found in favour of the seller. I would like to appeal against this decision. What this company is doing is a scam. After some research I have found out on the PayPal Community Forum and Facebook that there are numerous other buyers in exactly the same position as myself,  where disputed cases are closed and the buyer becomes the looser. This company is blatantly operating a Bate and Switch scam i.e. advertises one thing post out a cheap item. In this case the item should have been a rechargeable electric car tyre pump, what they actually send is a cheap plastic hand bicycle pump of less than £2 in value. They are relying on PayPal to insist that the item is posted back therefore most buyers will not bother due to the high cost of returning the item, and therefore the buyer does not get a refund. PayPal is therefore complicit in the scam unless PayPal issue a refund immediately and recover the money from the scammers. Some buyers have paid for the return and still not got a full refund the company said the returned item was damaged or not received. I have found a lot of other buyers who had also purchased the electric car pump and they got exactly the same bicycle pump, it’s no accident, it is intentionally done. I had been advised by the Royal Mail there were issues with lateness and items not getting signed for in the current Covid 19 Pandemic on international postage.

There is another group of buyers, which have purchased from the same company, pools for their dogs to bathe in, they have ended up receiving pools that would only fit a Barbie Doll. I have the seen pictures. There are many other instances with other products.

I would also like to bring to your attention the  buyer protection issued by paypal which states Buyer Protection ensures you get what you pay for. When something goes wrong with your eligible transactions, PayPal Buyer Protection has you covered. If an order doesn’t arrive or match the seller’s description, we’ll reimburse the full cost for eligible purchases. I have checked, I qualify for Paypal Buyer Protection and the product sent was not as described. (SNAD). It's also worth noting I had no knowledge, and was never told during this process about PayPal possibly funding the return cost.

There is a lot of bad feeling from other users, as to how PayPal fail to support buyers when a company continues to operate fraudulently. I have been using PayPal since it started and now I am very disappointed and unhappy with the way I have been treated in this matter. I am also unhappy that PayPal appears to be complicit in such a scam. I currently use PayPal for all my purchases and quite a lot of EBay sales, but if this is not resolved satisfactorily within the next 14 days I will withdraw my PayPal balance and close my account. I will also Escalate this matter to the FSA and speak to the Citizens Advice Bureau about taking this matter further.

Login to Me Too

VeryTICKEDoff
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been the victim of a "bait n switch".

The company was a website from China, www.analytice.com

I thought I was purchasing a metal embossing machine, but as I was attempting to order a message flashed across my computer screen WEBSITE NOT FOUND. 

I never thought that an order could be placed, but the action went THROUGH!

Then, SINCE I THOUGHT I NEEDED TO INITIATE A NEW ORDER, I DID.  I checked with my bank to be sure that only ONE order had been placed.  But no, there were TWO charges removed from this merchant!  I had to close down my account (to save any further FRAUD!)  Reported my issue to Paypal, they DENIED MY CASE!!!  FOUND IN FAVOR OF THE SCAM MERCHANT!!  I THOUGHT THERE WAS A PAYPAL BUYER GUARANTEE... WHERE IS IT???  

The SCAM CHINESE MERCHANT SENT 3 FACE MASKS FOR EACH ORDER!!!  Really???

Now PAYPAL WON'T HELP ME, I WAS FRAUDED 2X, CASE WAS DENIED WITHOUT ANY INVESTIGATION AT ALL & I LOST OVER $130!!!  CAN NOT EVEN TALK TO A HUMAN.... SEEMS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE A LEGAL CASE HERE 💖

THERE ARE MANY OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEALT WITH VERY SIMILAR CASES....

Login to Me Too

Hedjii
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Customer: We are deeply sorry to hear that you are very dissatisfied with the product you received. I will provide you with two solutions: 1. In order to express our sincere apologies and reduce your loss, our company has decided to refund 40% of your total order as compensation. You can keep the product without returning it. 2. You can apply for a full refund, but please return the items you received. Due to the impact of COVID-19, customs and post offices of various countries have accumulated a large amount of goods, which has caused delays in delivery. Therefore, it is very troublesome to return the goods to China at this stage. In order to save your time, we believe that partial compensation is the fastest way to solve this problem. Looking forward to your reply. Just got The notice today from The seller, seems we aint not The only one. I thought paypal was protecting us The customers from these kind of scams. I do not wanna pay More for Something that they sent wrong from The beginning... Guess im not The only one buying The useless air pump that was suppose to be electric cordless...
Login to Me Too

Hedjii
Contributor
Contributor
Still bring stuborn and not willing to pay my refund as agreed. Now i get this mail instead asking id im willing to settle for 20 dollars when i told Them i dont Mind pating for The shipping back that you aldo promised to pay...
Login to Me Too

Hedjii
Contributor
Contributor
Xinya e-commerce Co., Limited 21 August 2020 at 12:10 Dear customers: Our company's warehouse is in China, so you need to return the items to China to get a full refund. If you cannot return the item to China, you cannot get a refund even if you upgrade paypal. So I think proper compensation is the best way to solve the problem. If you can agree, I will immediately pay you 20 US dollars in compensation, if you do not agree then only paypal can handle this matter. I hope you will consider my suggestion and look forward to your reply.
Login to Me Too

Ms_p
Contributor
Contributor
I am so with you... PayPal has let their ppl down....they know these people are SCAMMERS and they are letting them is their site for payment....I also was using and telling ppl to only use paypal... but not anymore.....some sites have where you can USE PAYPAL OR AMAZON FOR PAYMENT NOW...I WILL BE USING AMAZON FROM NOW ON....BUMP PAYPAL.. THEY GETS NO MORE OF NU BUSINESS. .I WILL BE PAYING THEM OFF AS WELL AND CLOSING MY#...THEY CAN SEE THAT I WAS A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️..AND I WILL BE TELLING EVERYONE MY EXPERIENCE AND NOT TO USE PAYPAL... THEY ARE FOR THE SCAMMERS AND NOT THEIR CUSTOMERS
Login to Me Too

Chelly527
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I had this same exact situation happen to me. I refuse to pay that non refundable shipping cost for a fraud item. I made a claim and after I denied sending the product back, PayPal dropped my case and denied my claim. I don’t even know what to do now. Have you heard anything else on what to do? I can’t even reach anyone at PayPal to see what else I can do. Are we just **bleep** out of that money and a fraudulent company wins without the help from PayPal behind us?? This is like a joke? I don’t get it. Ugh.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.