We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. We encourage you to find quick answers to your questions by searching the community forum, visiting our Help Center, or messaging us (message response times will be delayed). Thank you for your patience.
New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
SCAMMERS, and Paypal couldn't care less. Their established model is:
- advertise something innovative and sought-after, cheaper than anyone else, using well-made Facebook ads
- numerous shell companies that all go back to ORDERPLUS on PayPal
- send you plastic junk
- when you complain, they offer 50% refund if you'll close the case or ask you to send it back with tracking, knowing that'll cost way too much in most cases.
I disputed it with PayPal, showing the original product ad, a photo of what they sent and links to heaps of evidence that it's an ongoing, worldwide scam. PayPal did nothing - telling me to ship the junk back to them. PayPal obviously don't care about their reputation either. I'm now trying my luck with my credit card provider as others have reported a full refund this way.
I'd previously thought buying through PayPal was a form of protection / sign of integrity. Maybe it once was but not anymore. Lessons learned:
- never buy anything worth more than a few $ from China unless it's a site you've found reliable before (eg dx.com who've been great for 10+ years)
- PayPal resolution centre is worthless
- if you've been scammed, try talking to your bank
- buy from a seller in your own country, assuming you live somewhere with decent consumer protection laws
- report any ad from OrderpPus as a Scam. It'll make you feel a bit better, but Facebook cares less than PayPal so it probably won't do much
don't forget to use shipping back paypal protection. I shipped back and paypal gave me both total refund and shipping cost refund. You only need to find a cheap tracked shipping method. for example in Italy I used "raccomandata internazionale" by poste italiane, 11 euro cost (paypal covers up to 30euro returning shipping). hope to be helpful.
ps: I don't understand why paypal let this person scamming people....
I just sent a request on FB to join.
The selling marketplace platform is always responsible for items sold on their site. Therefore FB is ultimately responsible and they will eventually step in. They only need a little incentive.