Wrongful Dispute Filed Against Me

morphed69
New Community Member

I believe a wrongful dispute was filed against me for an item which listed "as is" and listed as "no refunds/no return" which Paypal immediately deducted the amount from my account prior to the buyer sending me back the item. So now from what I understand at the moment they buyer still has my product and he has potentially gotten a refund? I don't have my product back nor do i have the money from the sale? From what i read on PayPal policies this is not how Paypal policy works. I would like input, I have attempted to message the buyer who now does not respond to my messages anymore. There were 6 clear pictures of the item sold in "as is" condition yet buyer seemed somehow confused as to the condition of the item when he recieved it. Also, the shipping ended up being double what I charged him and i never asked for any more money, I covered the cost myself as I felt that was the right thing to do. I am confused as to how Paypal deducted / refunded the dollar amount without any type of verification from the buyer that this item was returned or not yet returned? Has anyone has a similar issue? Please help I would like to resolve this, I don't know why the buyer would send me messages stating he overlooked things in the listing pictures and/or description as to whether it would work for his needs (if my exhaust would work with his car) prior to purchase and now without sending it back to me and no longer responding to me, Paypal has taken this course of action against me? Tracking number for this item from FedEx was 782283161175.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@morphed69

Is the dispute still at the dispute stage?

Was it escalated to a claim?

Did paypal refund the buyer? (not just held the funds)?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.