Wrong puzzle sent from China

kerryb2
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 puzzles, The Cats of Charles Wysock-1000 pieces, from atvanilla on 11th July 2020.

Nothing was happening so put in a complaint with PayPal - they advised to deal with the seller (in China) and made a deadline.

The seller sent a tracking after this was logged with PayPay and the item sat at Shanghai airport until 6th September.  I has finally arrived in Melbourne and is a very cheap nasty puzzle - nothing like what was ordered. (A totally inferior product).  As PayPal has closed the case I'm sure that I've been had big time.  Has anyone else encountered this "scam".  I've emailed atvanilla at a very odd looking email address but I'm not holding my breat, to request the correct product or a refund - I'm sure I've been scammed and have no recourse with PayPal it seems.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dickbpp
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I emailed AtVanilla and they apologised profusely, suggested I keep the inferior puzzle and offered me 5USD discount (the original puzzle cost 34USD). I told them this was unacceptable and they increased their offer to 8USD, I said no way, I want a full refund, They said OK, but our Ts & Cs mean you have to return the original puzzle at your expense, and you probably won't want to do that because it's very expensive. So I called their bluff and sent the puzzle back to the address they supplied and got proof of delivery. No sign of a refund, so I opened a Dispute on PayPal and then upgraded it to a Claim.  The seller eventually offered 50% of the purchase price which I rejected. They then requested I send the original package back (huh ?) to a different address from the one I had already sent it to.  I had to remind Paypal that I had already sent it and it had been delivered. Paypal eventually reviewed the case, decided in my favour, and refunded the full purchase price. The whole process took over 2 months, I'm sure the seller expected me to give up along the way, but I don't do that. Sure, I had to pay for the return, but I still ended up better off than had I accepted any of their ludicrous offers, which probably wouldn't have materialised anyway.

There are any number of jigsaws offered on FaceBook and elsewhere right now, presumably as a result of lockdowns around the world, Most of these originate in China, and most are scams like this one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.