Wrong product sent -I have to pay for return shipping to China

BonifideBunny
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a wreath with blueberries and lemons. I was sent a miniature wreath with red berries- the measurements were listed by the seller and I sent proof that it was less than half the advertised size and wasn't the wreath I ordered.

They have agreed to refund my money but I have to pay shipping costs to send the wreath back to China which is probably equivalent to the price I paid.

How can PayPal agree to let criminals like this guy continue to do business. I shouldn't be out of pocket ONE CENT yet here we are. Why isn't he required to send a prepaid shipping label??!! This would discourage him from operating like he is. I have to agree to do this in order to get a refund but PayPal is acting like that is an acceptable response from him.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @BonifideBunny

Thanks for the post. 

I'm sorry to hear your transaction hasn't turned out as expected. Depending on where you're from, you may be able to apply for our return shipping program. If you have any additional questions, you can contact support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

BonifideBunny
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to switch from using PayPal to my credit card. They will refund with absolutely no problem. They know who the problem is- PayPal and these unscrupulous criminal sellers- not me.

Login to Me Too

Jakepgh
Contributor
Contributor
I’m doing the same. People now pay me through Venmo. I have not had one problem with any vendors. I don’t have to despite a thing. I’m sure there are bad sellers there too. But I’m lucking out. Good luck to you. Thanks for replying.
Login to Me Too

Jakepgh
Contributor
Contributor
The same is happened to me. I ordered a plant is advertised to be for free tall it was supposed to be alive plant. It came in it was no more than 6 inches tall and it was plastic. I want to dispute but now I have to pay to send it back to China. I don’t think that’s fair. Just like you you were expecting something from the seller, a picture showed what it look like, and after three months you finally get a refund. But the refunds being eaten up by sending it back to China. There’s no reasonTo change his tactics. But as a buyer, PayPal is it making as much money on me, as they must be making in him. It’s disappointing. I’ve had a lot of problems with sellers on PayPal. I don’t seem to have as much problems on other sites.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.