Wrong payment

gpwiryawan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I was using third party service (a person who provided payment services) to made a payment to a merchant using paypal. The payment goes as follow: I transfer money to this person, then, this person would make a payment to the merchant using paypal, on behalf of me In other words, i made a payment via third party service Unfortunately, i've sent a wrong email account to this person. I've told him that it was wrong account and asked him to cancel the payment. When i asked for the money back, he insist that the process to get my money back takes 180 days and the amount i receive will be less. IS IT TRUE? Is there anything i can do with paypal to resolve it? I'm affraid i got scammed Any response, advice, would be appreciated very much Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately what you were told is not correct - if you sent the money using the Send Money feature and choose the "Friends and Family" option and the money was accepted it may not be possible to get the money refunded.   If you used the "Goods and Services" option then it's possible you could open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.