Wrong merchandise sent/ Vendor refusing to accept return/Im within all return guidelines

TarynEmma
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I sent back an order from a vendor which the vendor shipped the wrong merchandise. I returned the unused/brand new items to them within the correct amount of time (20 days) and with a tracking number and signed for. I also asked PayPal for a refund since the vendor was trying to convince me to keep clothing I did not order and was in the wrong size- they were being very difficult to work with. The vendor finally agreed to me returning the items but then when the items arrived on their side, they refused to accept the items back and supposedly sent them back to me- but I have not yet received them. They are not accepting delivery and therefore the resolution centre decided in their favour since I technically still have the order and therefore they get to keep my money. Please tell me what to do now. I have received the wrong items, the vendor is not taking responsibility and is forcing the sale on me when its their mistake. They had told me to return the items- so I paid £17.80 to return the items -which then they reject/do not accept the return. These people are cheaters and should not be doing business. I realise there is a cultural difference and lack of respect for people not part of their culture, but PayPal should have rules to not allow this kind of bad business to happen. Please advise next steps so that I can get my money back.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @TarynEmma

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

I apologize with this experience to your seller. In the event that item was refused by the recipient then there is a chance that case will be denied. It will varies on the return tracking details and there are certain exemptions on our rules. I highly recommend to reach out with ouer Custimer Service so we can assess this for you. Please post on this thread your Case ID and I'll try to look on it. Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

TarynEmma
Contributor
Contributor

TarynEmma
Contributor
Contributor

@WarrenPink thank you so much for your help.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@TarynEmma

TThanks for sharing the case id. 

Base with the case id, it was denied because we found out through the return tracking you shared with PayPal that you attempted to return/ship the item to an address which PayPal cannot confirm. In dispute process, we can only  close the case if the Item is returned to the return address which will be provided by PayPal. It seems like you shipped the item to the address written on the package. Most seller is drop shipping their item, so when you shipped it into the address attach with the package there's a chance that item will be returned to you. In order to refute the original decision. You can defenitely appeal the case. Once they will reopen it, PayPal will give you a return address via email. Unfortunately, i cannot reopen the case in my end. You will need to reach out with our Customer Service to reopen this. Most of Customer Service are active via chat or message us option. Please click "contact us" at the bottom of PayPal page. Make sure to include your Case ID to the message you will send. I hope this helps! 

Stay safe! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.