Wrong merchandise delivered! PayPal viewed delivery was done as claimed by seller!

ta014245
Contributor
Contributor

It is hard to contact/respond to people from Resolution Centre. The email address they used to convey their status/decision to close case (basis is merchandise has been delivered), is for one-way notification. When I received email notification yesterday, 14 Sep 2020 about my Case ID: PP-D-71789115 raised on 17 Jun for the transaction date 3 May 2020 (ID 217927953R202243P). The seller claimed merchandise I order (a collapsible push cart) has been delivered (tracking info LP004857377CN) but what was delivered, was a waterproof travel shoe bag! I didn't even know it was meant for the push cart I ordered so I reported as non-delivery! Kindly re-open the case with the seller to clarify!!!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Leanne45
New Community Member

I had the same as well, i ordered a hammock and got a cheap nasty ring.  I only found out that it was a spam from FB as the policy had put a post up about getting random parcels from China and someone had commented about getting the ring (same as me) then there was loads of comments saying they had the same ring.

I contacted Paypal about it but the seller said they had delivered it.  I even tried to contact the seller but the email bounces back.

Ive raised another dispute but they closed it without informing me!!

Login to Me Too

Loumo
Contributor
Contributor
I had exactly the same - ordered hammock, reported non-delivery then a ring arrived with tracking info for hammock! I have been offered partial refund which I have just declined. Huge scam!!
Login to Me Too

Loumo
Contributor
Contributor
An update on my situation. I persevered with dispute on PayPal. Changed my dispute type from item not received to wrong item received. I declined the partial refund that was offered first and was asked to return the item. I did so using tracked postage through Royal Mail (£11.10). I successfully claimed postage through PayPal separately. EVENTUALLY I got my refund. Ordered in July, dispute opened 3rd Aug, case closed in my favour 4th Nov. Very drawn out but i would advise to do the same so they don’t get away with it. SCAMMERS!
Login to Me Too

Nick197
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same experience with a different product. The order was supposed to be from Japan and I didn't even realise what had happened when a random package turned up from China. But the tracking number for that was enough for PayPal to refuse my claim, case closed. PayPal and Facebook, where these things are often advertised, are implicit in these scams as they are making millions out of them.

Login to Me Too

ta014245
Contributor
Contributor
It seems like PayPal is too eager to close case. PayPal didn’t even investigate properly (or check with buyer) that the delivery (and what is being delivered) is actually the merchandise ordered! As long as there is a delivery/tracking number, PayPal closes the case in favour of the seller!!! Luckily this seller is still responsible admitting that they should not simply deliver anything (when the ordered merchandise was not available) without getting consensus from buyer. Eventually they refunded almost 90% of the payment made without demanding return of the delivery (I don’t mind to return but effort and return postage is not worth!). I can say this is a satisfactory outcome/resolution though PayPal failed its duty as a dispute mediator!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.