Wrong item returns query

Tracey466
New Community Member
Good evening, I wondered if you could help me. I ordered and paid for an item, it arrived and was completely different to what I ordered. I raised a claim with PayPal. The seller confirmed they had sent an alternative product to what I ordered. I have been advised to return the item for a refund. The return will cost me around £15. I thinks its unfair I have to pay this amount because of the sellers error. I will have paid £15 for nothing. Is there anything I can do. I have tried to reply stating this but the only option I have is to upload tracking details for the return? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Tracey466, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

For items not as described, you may be requested to return the item to the seller in order to receive a full refund. The buyer is liable for the return postage costs and the item must be sent using a tracked delivery service. PayPal will assist with the cost of the return and more information on this can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-to-return-a-paypal-purchase-faq3544.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.