Would Like Help from PayPal To Settle A Dispute

MoneyMaker_28
Contributor
Contributor

I originally had put this up under a report of unauthorized transaction when I did not mean to. If any of the admins can please help me rewrite or cancel PP-I-14698737, I’d like to explain myself better. I recently attempted to buy a PS5 console that was advertised to me by a man named Tony <Removed> on Facebook. I had sent him $530 for the item and, upon delivery day, I was told that the company he asked to deliver the package would not deliver it unless I paid another $325 for a protection fee to assure it would arrive without damage. I would then be refunded the amount when it was delivered. However, I refused to pay that ridiculous sum and had gotten into arguments with both him and the delivery representative, both trying to push me into just accepting things and moving on. But I did not want it anymore and wished for him to simply give me my money back. He responds by saying that he would not pay me a dime and told me to go to hell. When I asked about why he couldn’t have refunded me the money prior to then, he gave me an excuse that his son was in the hospital and he did not have it, telling me I’d have to wait a month. At this point, I do not think he attempts to follow through with reason. So I am now without $530 and still being bothered by the delivery company about the option of Bitcoin. Another rep told me that because I paid him via friends and family, which is what he tricked me into doing, I could not file a claim. But I have all the proof necessary on my phone that I can easily supply screenshots of our conversations if PayPal would willingly open a case for me. The money I paid came from my stimulus check, received earlier on, that I withdrew money from my credit union account to give myself in PayPal. I already told him if he would not comply, I would be getting the police involved. But I wish for PayPal to cancel the case ID PP-I-14698737 and help me to get my money back. Again, I have plenty of proof in my favor that I was scammed essentially.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MoneyMaker_28
Contributor
Contributor
We have reached an understanding and are working together to fix it. But please disregard my active report
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.