Worst experience in my life- Pay Pal charge back

Skythings
Contributor
Contributor

Sold an item on eBay and had buyer pay for item then request item shipped to un-confirmed address and I refused.  Buyer wanted to cancel transaction and I refused and buyer called their credit card company before I had even shipped the item.  Pay Pal did a chargeback and froze my account for almost a month while they claimed they were investigating it.  I provided information that the buyers address provided by Pay Pal does not exist on Google Maps.  Empty lot my friends.   Still they sided with the charge back.    I needed to use the account to refund another buyer and pay for items I had purchased.   In the past 4 days I have called over 25 times and sat through the speel each time about your code and tell the automated system what I was calling about.  As soon as I was connected to the rep on the other end, they saw what it was about and hung up on me.    I tried to add funds with my credit card on the website and it said it did not go through.  My bank contacted me indicating suspicious activity as Pay Pal put through the charge through 5 times on one card and three times on my other card.   Each time my screen told me the charge was not successful.   On Saturday I was actually put through to a human who took my credit card and processed the charge for the full amount of the charge back converted to Canadian funds.   A number Pay Pal Collections provided to me.    Said it would take one day.   Two days later the payment showed on my account but my account,  but I was still showing a negative balance to the tune of -$13 and change.     After 11 attempts this afternoon and over three hours holding I finally reached another human who spoke to a manager and apologized and said in 20 minutes my account would be at zero.  They made a mistake  She was correct.  My account was at zero and I paid a merchant with it.  Yes!!!!   Hold on- an hour later I logged back in and my account was showing a negative $1.41 balance.   I just logged in again and now it is negative $1.65. Obviously something to do with the exchange rate.   It looks like my account balance will fluctuate depending on the exchange rate.   

This has been the worst customer service experience in my life.   I have never experienced this level of incompetence and corporate shielding to the point as soon as they see my phone number they block me.    This whole episode has cost me over $150 because of the exchange rate from Pay Pal to my bank and then again from my bank to Pay Pal.   Not to mention Pay Pal charged me almost $16.00 to originally collect the money and then they collected that from me again on the chargeback.   They also originally charged me a $20.00 fee for the charge back.   Because the transaction shows paid on eBay they will not refund over $45 in fee's even though Pay Pal has cancelled the transaction.   Absolute nightmare because I refused to ship to an un-confirmed address to a buyer who's address on the Pay Pal payment information sent to me is an empty lot.   

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.