World's Most Advanced Smart Doorbell - scam?

chaajoad
New Community Member

Hi - On January 7th I think I was ripped off. I saw an online ad for a doorbell with camera/recording/etc. that seemed terrific. Of course it was a "big sale" and despite the old adage "if it's too good to be true it probably is" I went for it. Using PayPal it was $35.94 total. I received a confirmation email. The thing arrived the other day and it's junk - nothing like what was advertised.

I can't find the transaction on my PayPal account so now I'm truly confused. Any thoughts or ideas? I tried "chatting" but the PayPal bot just keept running me in circles. Should I call a PayPal rep? If the charge isn't on my account yet the cheapo doorbell arrived - what's that all about?

Thanks for any info.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@chaajoad 

The transaction cannot be not there on your account...

Do you remember how you funded it? Via your bank, debit or credit card or PayPal balance?

If nothing has been debited, then count your lucky stars that something happened to your transaction ...

Stop buying anything on Social Media.. Report all future ads. If it’s too seems so cheap that it’s a bargain, chances are it’s a scam.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

NW32832
New Community Member

Same exact thing happened to me. On saw the advertisement on Facebook advertisements. On Feb 16th/2020 I received the package and it was a little white box with a blue button on it. If you research the web you will find many more. Here is the company-SCAMMERS info:

No. 6, Jinyuan Road,

Caoyi Industrial Park,

Zhongtang TownGUANGDONG

ProvinceDongguan City 523000China

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.