World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

SadieJo
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please explain how to cancel Or delete the invoice? I want it gone! Thanks!
Login to Me Too

GidgetPowr
Contributor
Contributor
Please do describe how you canceled it. I didn’t find that option.
Login to Me Too

jeepjsm
Contributor
Contributor

If I remember correctly, I clicked on an "arrow" that was next to the invoice, which took me to a page where I could cancel the invoice.

Login to Me Too

Leontine
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to go back to my summary page and there was a blue arrow at the top right of the WHO Donation invoice. When I clicked the blue arrow a page came up with the option to cancel this. Like the rest of you, I did not request, offer or authorize any donation to WHO. I am concerned that our accounts may have been hacked but, no other abnormal transactions have occurred. I will be closely monitoring my Paypal to be safe though.

Login to Me Too

missyb57
I received an invoice for $20 donation to WHO that I didnt sign up anywhere for & when I click on cancel it takes me to pay
Login to Me Too

Prilbert
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Can’t cancel it and never agreed to it. Can’t dispute it. So scammy.
Login to Me Too

fred1485
Contributor
Contributor

I received an invoice also for $50.00.  how is this getting through?  I finally was able to cancel.. took almost 2 weeks.. just have to keep trying..

Login to Me Too

lauralaura1
Contributor
Contributor

Why was I sent an Invoice from WHO and how can I delete it!!

If this is from the Pay Pal company I may quit the service ! Angry

Login to Me Too

apb5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again. First of all, I have sought assistance from PayPal to address this issue, but have yet to receive proper support.  I also contacted The World Health Organization.  They have responded; and, deny sending this invoice and have confirmed it is an attempted PHISHING SCAM.  DO NOT PAY THIS INVOICE.   IT IS FRADULENT.  Unfortunately, I have no answer on how this invoice can be removed from the account summary.  @HollowKnights2k @TheGreen @dnapoli22 @19111952 @chayfree72 @chico0100 @blueskies18  @KristiAUH   @CGSCPA 

Login to Me Too

dnapoli22
Contributor
Contributor

@apb5 , if you go into the WEB interface and go to the Activity section, where you see the invoice listed, you can click Cancel (probably right below the line item). Thanks for the confirmation that this is phishing. Stay healthy! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.