World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

Rhapture
Thank you!!! Finally got that unsolicited mess cancelled.
Login to Me Too

FatesWebb
Contributor
Contributor
WOW someone that actually has a way to solve this. This did work. While it didn't remove the item from my account now the item says cancelled. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

FatesWebb
Contributor
Contributor
Except dozens of people have already reported that those steps don't work. Maybe provide what browser on what device you're using.
Login to Me Too

Dazed_d
Contributor
Contributor
I'm in America. I can verify it works on my Samsung browser. I can also verify it works on Chrome, Firefox, IE, & Edge. It must be done by clicking the cancel button that opens the invoice. Add at action string to the end of the address already there. Do not add spaces. ?action=cancel I do not know what variation works in any other country. Anyone in any country with above average computer knowledge can help by finding the correct action string that will work.
Login to Me Too

Kellybp
Contributor
Contributor

I just received an invoice for $50.  So they're increasing the fraudulent amount as people know about it.  How is this continuing on PayPal??  I tried to report this problem, but PayPal would not complete that, with just a 'Sorry, your request can not be completed'.  Really.

Update:  I've read through the blog and was able to cancel the Invoice from the Activity page.  Yes!  But why is it taking from 10-Aug to 16-Aug and it is still happening!?

Login to Me Too

Colina2
Contributor
Contributor

I've just received a WHO invoice for $50 too and cancelled it. I thought PayPal was meant to be one of the more reliable money sites. 

Login to Me Too

Folesen
Contributor
Contributor
HELP. I'm still not able to cancel this invoice. When I hit the cancel button in the activity page it leads to the "pay invoice page" my language is Danish.
Login to Me Too

Dazed_d
Contributor
Contributor
When the page opens shpwing the invoice you need to go to the address bar & at the end of the address shown put ?action=cancel then click enter You will then get a cancel dialog box. Be sure to put the reason that you are canceling- that you did not request the invoice, you refuse to pay the invoice & are canceling the invoice. Hope this helps
Login to Me Too

Fredrick12c
Contributor
Contributor

That worked for me! (I hope- No telling with what is going on at PoorServicePal nowadays.

Login to Me Too

docPboston
Contributor
Contributor

It worked!!  Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.