World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

CFMProductions
Contributor
Contributor
You click cancel and it just goes into the invoice with payment as the only option! PayPal needs to sort it!
Login to Me Too

xray2001
New Community Member

I had this issue too. Received an invoice for $50.00. Since I cannot delete it and paypal does not seem to be able to help I took matters into my own hands. I created an invoice that I sent to the WHO for $100 for covid relief for myself. I used the email address to send the invoice of:  

<removed>

Maybe if enough people send them invoices also they will stop creating false invoices. 

Of course paypal will not let me put the email, interesting

Login to Me Too

chrismansa

I received this today.  Cannot cancel and cannot report to PayPal Resolution Center.  PayPal says because of the type of invoice it is unable to report to Resolution Center.  IMO this is a fraud.  I don't even think it is really WHO.  PayPal needs to do something about it.

Login to Me Too

CWz
A demand from WHO for 50usd. How do you stop this?
Login to Me Too

Dave200
Contributor
Contributor

I too recieved this fishing email.  I have cancelled it in my account and invoiced them for $50 for the time spent doing so.

Login to Me Too

electrichazard
Contributor
Contributor

How were you able to cancel it?  It just takes me to the invoice when I hit cancel.

Login to Me Too

Dave200
Contributor
Contributor

I went to my paypal page and deleated invoice without any problems.  I loggged in instead of following any link in Email.

Login to Me Too

Fredrick12c
Contributor
Contributor

I tried logging in from several different browsers and each time I hit cancel the invoice just popped up.  Frustrating.

Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

While a very few people report being able to cancel it, the vast majority cannot. My personal test recreating a similar invoice to my brother has the same result. He is unable to cancel it, only takes him to the payment screen. Only I as the sender can cancel it. This seems to be an issue in their system. 

With the moderator continuing to merge threads (this is infuriating and makes it impossible to follow conversations) it seems a number of new people are in this thread. 

This is NOT from the WHO. You do NOT need to pay it. There is no hack. Anyone can create an invoice with any logo and sent it to any Paypal user. I would leave it alone-it will just sit there and my guess is Paypal will catch on and finally remove these from all users.

Login to Me Too

Hashmil
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve just got this too! Almost was happy to donate the $50. Good thing I googled. I’d rather give it to the real WHO.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.