World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

bargainbandido
Contributor
Contributor
I got the exact same 'invoice' - I think i have made charitable contributions in the past via paypal *to other causes* but NOT to anything covid-related. I dont recognize this one and at best it looks like PP may be condoning 'cold call' donation requests or more likely somehow they have allowed a scam like this to penetrate their usually high standards of account security and screening...frightening. Will be looking into further.
Login to Me Too

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and there are many others as well.
Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

ohm3k
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and there are many others as well.
Login to Me Too

Jileen
New Community Member
I have same issue and have been unable to cancel it thus far. Were tou able to cancel?
Login to Me Too

ElliottCowton

Just hit me in the UK on Aug 14th and it's gone up to $35!

Login to Me Too

WKL1
Contributor
Contributor
I just got one in the US for $35 this morning. Cancel invoice and reported to spoof@paypal.com. Also posted warnings to fb
Login to Me Too

jrjanis
Contributor
Contributor

This was NOT sent by WHO.

Someone is illegally using PayPal's capabilities to send out unsolicited invoices.  They can put any name on it they want.  Mine reads "Devante <removed>".  Don't blame the WHO.  Trump defunded them because he's a selfish, uncaring, narcissist and needed to deflect blame from his failures in handling this pandemic.  PayPal still needs to protect their customers and allow us to delete the invoice and block the sender.

Login to Me Too

just_jill
Contributor
Contributor

I just got this from DEVANTE <removed>(which looks like the account name of someone named Blake M.) for $50. Reported it to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Kimmy0221
Contributor
Contributor

I got two zero invoices from Devante <removed> the same day has the WHO charge.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.