World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

apb5
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  Unfortunately, clicking CANCEL only opens up a printable copy of the invoice.  I have no way to actually CANCEL and then CONFIRM the cancellation.  PayPal agents advise to first click CANCEL, then to click YES to confirm cancellation, but the last step to confirm cancellation does not exist on my side.  

Login to Me Too

eschisler

I had same issue and below is customer services response. 
Hope it help you. 

----------------------------------------

I understand your concern about removing an invoice. I've checked your account and I can see you received an invoice request
Here’s how to cancel a money request or invoice:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Either find the request or invoice on your Summary page or click Activity.

3. Click Cancel next to it.

4. Click Yes to complete the cancellation.

When you cancel a money request, it’s always a good idea to email your recipient to tell them about the cancellation.
Login to Me Too

apb5
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  Unfortunately, clicking CANCEL only opens up a printable copy of the invoice.  I have no way to actually CANCEL and then CONFIRM the cancellation.  PayPal agents advise to first click CANCEL, then to click YES to confirm cancellation, but the last step to confirm cancellation does not exist on my side.  

Login to Me Too

KristiAUH
Contributor
Contributor

Same on my side as well.

Login to Me Too

jds329
New Community Member

I have the same issue, cannot cancel the invoice.   Customer support is pathetic.

Login to Me Too

apb5
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with your assessment of customer service.   I've sent all details about my transaction to spoof@paypal.com(Email for PayPal's fraud department.) I have no idea what the outcome will be, but I'm not very optimistic.  

Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

@apb5 wrote:

They have responded; and, deny sending this invoice and have confirmed it is an attempted PHISHING SCAM.  DO NOT PAY THIS INVOICE.   IT IS FRADULENT.  

No, it's not a phishing scam. My text is in red and underlined as well. It's an invoice sent to you that you did not request and is a fraudulent attempt at collecting a PAYMENT from you. This is not the same as a phishing scam, which attempts to collect LOGINS and CREDENTIALS on accounts you own. 

Login to Me Too

apb5
Contributor
Contributor

Geez, I'm sorry.  I used the wrong term when calling out this concern.  The entire purpose of me being here at all has been to warn others about this attempt at fraudulent activity.   

Login to Me Too

markgdavidov
New Community Member

I have a Covid 19 donation invoice from WHO. I never pledged any support to this (and to any) organization. Please, tip me on how remove this invoice.

Login to Me Too

apb5
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Please refer to my other posts. I have found no way to do this. In this case, the directions Paypal gives does not correct the issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.